Is Anybody Going To Be Watching The Presidential Debate Tomorrow Night?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Marilyn Pahl, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

From the "far corner"......I watched the first half-hour, and quit in disgust. I was disappointed by Trump, and surprised by Hillary's vocal agility, not at all like the stuff being shown daily.

Maybe it really wasn't her........unlikely as that seems, but the impossible has been foisted on the American Public many times in Presidential election matters. Simply stated, it appeared to me that Trump was having a rough time ad-libbing, while Hillary ran on like a recording.

Rant over.

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I know, I felt that too, that's what I mean by programmed. She is programmed, and Trump isn't. That was Clinton, unless there's a secret cloning factory we don't know about. And that wouldn't surprise me.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think he gets so caught up in wanting to be a law and order candidate that he forgets to be a constitutional candidate, and people are looking for both. On the issue of denying guns to people on the no-fly list, he mentioned a way that someone could have their name removed from it, but with no details. Since people aren't even told that they are on the no-fly list, I don't know how they'd go about having their names removed. Even when denied permission to purchase a weapon, they aren't necessarily told why they are denied. I could be that Trump doesn't realize that someone doesn't have to do one thing wrong in order to have their name listed on a no-fly list. But if that's the case, he should know.

Denise Evans and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

Tried to go to bed and read, did manage for awhile, then I got up again to have a piece of toast and peanut butter, lol;) Saw your message, and thought I'd take a look. Only time I heard that term, no-fly was I think about "no-fly" zones. I'm not even sure about that though;)

Ok, so Hillary wants to pull our guns, and dissolve the 2nd amendment, that I did know. The rest I don't get at all. I need to listen to that part of the debate again. Here I was glad to see them agree on some things, I think there were 2 things although I don't know what they were now. One was this I see. I think it's more than important that American's except whoever is elected, and hang together, I plan on doing that even though I can't stand Hillary Clinton. It won't do me any good, or anyone else for me to continue to fight a lost battle.

After going ahead and watching this debate, I've learned some things, some realities, and remembered some of my most important beliefs (spiritual), and to hang onto those. But keep my feet on the ground:)

I'll check out the vid tomorrow and see if I can pinpoint that part of the debate and listen again. The gun thing still makes zero sense to me because like I've said over and over, the bad guys aren't going to give up the guns they already have, and if they want more guns, they always seem to find someone that will supply them. That only leaves law, abiding citizens turning in their guns.

Anyway, I'll talk to you tomorrow I'm sure. I'm glad I had you and some others to talk to tonight about all this, thank you much, denise

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with Ken. I'm not changing my vote but this was not Trump's finest hour.....even though I didn't watch just going on what I read from both sides on all the places I go.

Why the heck didn't he take some something for his darn sniffles? He could have stopped them for 2 hrs. He's not like me and has to get generic crap at the pharmacy.

All the talk about Hillary being on death's door last week and now she looked fine and he had sniffles. Smh.

6. Denise Evans

Registered

Some of that sniffling could also be habit. It's not like he had a runny nose. While we're on the subject of "illnesses" how "did" Hillary look so good after supposedly having pneumonia. Makes me want to think that was to get some sort of sympathy vote.

No one who understands how a person is "supposed" to act as a politician, thinks Trump is a good politician. From the start everyone I know has said "Trump" didn't do very well with this or that. As a strong supporter of Trump, with all his faults and screw-ups, I'd rather see him in the Whitehouse than anyone else I've seen running. Some people worry that he'll be (and is) a loose cannon, I say hurray!! If anyone wants more of the same as we've had, than go with that.

Personally, I believe his faults, lack of experience, inappropriateness, oh, and that hair, omg, that hair, and all the dough he's made, that's it man, we can't have a person that's rich in the Whitehouse. Hell, those things are what this Trump-Gal loves about him. He was dead-on when he said Hillary has lots of experience, bad experience. But, but, she was so eloquent in her "words". I'd say we best stick to building him up instead of tearing him down.

Don't get me wrong either, I do not for one minute think he is the lesser of two evils, and that's my reason for voting for him. I believe he is a good man, and shines bright, especially standing next to hillary clinton! Perfect he sure isn't, and thank God for that.

7. Denise Evans

Registered

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm sorry Denise but I say how I feel....even if it means the truth. This is all coming from what I've read on both sides of the aisle.

I'll have to watch it myself.

Anyway, it's the people who haven't decided yet that should be polled or questioned as to how this debate played for them. I've already decided.

9. Denise Evans

Registered

No apology necessary CC, I say what I feel, more and more every day. I'm glad we can still do that.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Not even all Trump supporters are the same. I think we have different reasons for why we are voting for him.

For example, I often read from the left that all the conspiracy nut jobs are voting for him. They are mistaken because I'm so not a conspiracy theorist...total opposite.

That's one mistake the left is making....lumping Trump supporters into one deplorable basket. :)

People like him for different reasons....

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

DEBATE MODERATOR REVIEW : Lester Holt ...
    • asked 6 follow-up questions of TRUMP - zero of Clinton
    • interrupted TRUMP 41 times - Clinton 7 times
    • told audience don't do it again when it cheered TRUMP
    • let audience cheer Hillary multiple times

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Well that's not fair!

13. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Lester Holt should have taken more control. When he tried to stop Trump from interrupting, Trump said (commanded) "Wait" and Lester let him continue to talk! WTH?o_O As moderator, Lester should have said "NO. We're not going to wait. You're talking out of turn. STOP." and moved on.

14. Denise Evans

Registered

They don't even "try" to hide their bs anymore because so many accept it is ok. Still, I will keep praying we out-number them:)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I can still see the hand in the back of her head. its not the real her. also she mentioned raising the Tax's on the rich but forgot to mention the same for the middle class. He should have jumped on this one. will the mods ever mention Benghazi or the Clinton foundation etc ??? no and they probably won't.