Is It The End?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Jack Knight

Jack Knight Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The end is near. Well yeah for sure everyone dies, doesn't mean the world does, I'm just glad in my lifetime I've enjoyed a lot. No mystery that with projected humanity reaching 8 billion and resources being used at an ever increasing rate there will be a reduction leaving future mankind with the kind of dire prediction we hear now.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

My friend, Advisor, and Instructor at UNLV, Herb Wells, believed strongly that mankind is most definitely in decline, the process requiring extremely long periods to perceive changes overall. He professed no religious support for this, but rather called to light a great variety of historical events which seem to place focus on future demise.

He was an unusual Engineer: Masters in Mining Engineering turned college professor; a great historian as well.
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Hugh Dowling

Hugh Dowling Veteran Member
    Registered

The end of the world as we know it....Not THE end in itself, although, there is Kurzwell`s Singularity to be made allowance for, which is supposed to come in to effect sometime during the 2030`s. Not sure what that actually entails for humanity at this stage. Not that it would particularly concern me on a personal level...I fully expect to have passed on by that time. But if the concept of the implanting of electronic chips is anything to go by...then, that would imply some kind of future development of semi automatic beings. Part human, part machine, by any other definition.
    So, we could be looking at a race of humanoids quite unlike what we are used to seeing...and being, today. That is, of course, providing that planet earth doesn`t get swallowed up by some devastating cataclysmic event at some point between now and then. Divinely inspired...or otherwise. The possibilities are almost endless.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Hugh Dowling

Hugh Dowling Veteran Member
    Registered

But...until this supposed scenario actually does occur...it`s business as usual... Much better to adopt the philosophy of what will be...will be.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

What with all the heat, fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, viruses, Taliban all going on at the same time it makes one wonder. Are you prepared?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Ready as I will ever be!

7. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sorry, I did not reply to this, because it would take too much space to do it justice.
    But, here is just a couple of my thoughts - and I've had these thoughts since I was a very young guy (especially since reading the book
    The Late, Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey)

There have been many news items lately concerning the Vaccination Credential Initiative, a means by which one can prove that they have been immunized against covid, and which uses cards and other digital devices to be VCI compliant, such as the Smart Health Card, used by such places as New York, California and Quebec, and also counts Apple, Microsoft and the Mayo Clinic among its members.

I went to the Smart Health Card website, called the Commons Project, and looked at their Verifier App page, under about, to see what their ultimate aim is, and I was astounded to say the least. Here is a partial statement under it.

Beginning with health information, we are focused on empowering people to access and control their personal data and put it to use for their own benefit.Upon scanning a SMART Health Card QR code, you can quickly see whether the SMART Health Card is valid, whether the issuer is in The CommonTrust Network’s Registry of trusted issuers, and key information on the SMART Health Card (issuer name, vaccine type, dates of vaccine doses, and name and date of birth of vaccine recipient)

I don’t know about you, but for me this is scary, and just the forerunner of what the bible talks about in the last days. Its too long for me to go into here. But it seems to me that we are headed to a one world government, and for now, it only applies to health concerns – and how long before it …….. (you finish)

Ken Anderson likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As a child growing up, I remember my mother always talked about how close we were to the End Times, and there were books written claiming that they had figured out when Jesus was coming back.
    My mom expected to be alive to see Jesus return to the earth, and she didn’t make any plans for dying. Yet, here we are, over 30 years since my mother passed away (in her 80’s), and we are still waiting for definite proofs that this is the end times.

It seems to me that the prudent thing to do, is to be prepared for some of the Bible prophesies to happen, and even people who are not Christians are realizing that with the way the world is going right now (both politically and natural disasters), are starting to stock up on food.
    One of the people on Youtube that I listen to is the MilSpecOps Monkey, who has a channel called “MonkeyWerx”. He reports on what military aircraft movements are happening, where Biden goes, and what his schedule is, as well as other interesting things happening right now.

Since he is a Christian, he also has what he calls “the Monkey Minute”, where he ties in the happenings of the day with what Bible scripture is saying about these events.

This is the link to his latest video, and you can subscribe to his channel on Youtube if you enjoy the video.

Babs Hunt and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Bible clearly says Christ's return is "imminent", which does not equate to "soon." Christians are to be ready, expectant, and hopeful for what may or may not occur tomorrow, but will inevitably occur.

We should not confuse Christ's return in the clouds for the Church's rapture with his second coming onto the earth for final judgement. For Christians, we have no pending sign to watch for the rapture to occur. Better be ready every day. Now, that doesn't mean that middle east events and how they might affect Israel are not relevant. They might give us some indication of "soonness" like the budding fig tree. But, the typical, worsening end times signs most people cite are reserved for the tribulation period that we'd do best to avoid.

Having said all this, I do personally feel that it seems more likely for the end times to come within the next 100 years than what previous generations could say. Why? Because Israel plays a key role in end times prophesy and since they've returned to their God given lands, the surrounding enemy nations are lining up with Old Testament prophesies for the future Armageddon battle. Only a fool would set a date, but I think a world financial collapse, world war, or the rapture are all likely scenarios within my remaining lifetime. It's both exciting and scary - good reason to take religious affairs seriously and to be secure in one's salvation with the Lord.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sadly, what a glaringly ironic question from one whom has recently passed. Indeed, “are you prepared” is a question we should all be asking ourselves.

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My thoughts earlier. :(

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I have refrained from saying this earlier out of respect for Lon. Personally I think Lon was preparing himself and that he knew his time was growing shorter. He was an atheist , but he had begun to ask more and more questions about Christianity. I think he was hoping he would change his mind and heart before he went.
    I think he wanted to believe in a higher power, but he just could not.

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I think that, too. Lon often said that most of his family were believers, so I am sure that they were all praying for him also, and maybe he came to accept that there is a creator before he passed away.
    He had serious heart issues, as well as the skin cancers, lymphedema, body pain, and had already gotten so weak that he said he could not use a walker anymore and had to have a wheelchair.
    He had had all of his vaccines, and was tested positive the first of October, and would have been out of quarantine by the time he passed away. Before he went to the hospital, he had been posting regularly, and not seeming to have symptoms, but apparently went in for some tests, and then got a lot worse after he was admitted to the hospital.

I am hoping that he had time to look at things and make peace with God before he passed away.

14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I agree that he asked questions for a personal reason. He was not picking a fight.

15. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

The only end will be the end of the period we live in followed by whatever you want to call the next period. If there is any end, it will be a cosmic end, and even when an asteroid struck the earth and killed the dinosaurs, it wasn’t the end but introduced a new period. Any real end for humans and the earth will be when the sun eventually expands and incinerates the earth and its inhabitants but the universe will go on.

I think it’s only wishful thinking to hope for a kind of life after death of the soul somehow, but who really knows. If the good Lord someday chastises me for being a Doubting Thomas, I’ll remind him that it’s His fault for creating me that way. Let’s see how far that goes.