Is There A Conspiracy To Take God And Biblical Principals Out Of America?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Babs Hunt, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken, I'm private in my beliefs because if I started preaching the catholic view it would not be accepted very well by other faiths. Everybody believes there religion is right. I'm not going to turn you into a Catholic if I start sharing on here.

I can say a few Hail Mary's for you and Babs, how would you feel about that?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If, as Christians, the most important thing that separates us from the rest of the world is politics or culture, then we will view everyone around us our enemies, and to view ourselves as morally superior.

However, I wouldn't believe what I believe if I didn't think that it was right. Asking me to believe that every faith and every religion is equal and right is asking me to abandon my faith, and that is something that I will not do.

A Christianity that is entirely devoid of friction in the culture is a Christianity that has already died. A Christian who is so afraid of being offensive that he absorbs the ambient culture eventually becomes indistinguishable from it, to the effect that there is no point to any of it. A Christian who keeps his beliefs hidden away is one who may as well throw his beliefs into the trash can, for they are dead.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Many people who aren't Christians do not understand or recognize a Christian's confident assurance in their faith and often misconceive this confident assurance as the Christian "viewing" theirselves as morally superior but that would be a misconception.

4. Ken Anderson

In reference to my post that begins with…

“There was a time in America when joining a Christian church was something that people did if they wanted to hold a social position in the community and, while that is still true in some parts of the country, it is becoming less true every year.”

That post was not directed at you, but at Christians in general and to the subject of this thread, which seems to get lost continuously. I didn't address it to you, but you seem to be insisting on taking it personally.

In response to this post, you asked me what I meant by “adapt our approach accordingly.”

I then gave a lengthy reply to you in which I told you what I meant by that. Without writing a book, I don’t know what else I could say.

I have no idea what you’re angry about so I don’t know how to respond accordingly. You seem to be insisting that I address some slight toward you that I never intended, and so cannot answer to.

That was my attempt to answer your question about my previous post, in which you seemed to think I was reproaching you. You asked me what I meant, so I told you what I meant. I don't know what else I can say.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  5. Ken Anderson

Everyone is lining up to see who can be the most offended today, it seems.

I quoted the topic of the thread as a hint that the discussion had gone off-topic. When that didn't work, I posted a longer post that addressed the topic of the thread. @Babs Hunt demanded that I explain myself, although I thought that I was being clear enough. I tried, but that apparently wasn't good enough, so I am going to come back when everyone has graduated from junior high school and is ready to have an adult conversation.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I am also in agreement with @Chrissy Page , and our @Mari North has stated most of what I also believe perfectly about this point, as far as Christians trying to impose our beliefs on other people.
    Just as @Babs Hunt pointed out in the food thread, when her parents tried to force her to eat peas (knowing that peas and liver are wonderful healthy foods), she only ended up hating peas and liver worse, and has not even wanted to try and change that for the whole rest of her life, even though she totally agrees that they are healthy to eat.
    We just can't shove and drag people into heaven, any more than we can convince them to like any food by forcing them to eat it.
    It usually has the opposite effect.
    To me, sharing is mostly about how I live my life and treat other people. If they see a spark of happiness in my life and want some of that for themself, then we share with them how to ask God into their hearts. Only when someone does that, and makes a decision to follow Jesus and love his ways, will they be on the path to heaven.
    As far as which religion is the right one, I think that the denomination is not the part that matters, As Chrissy said, it is what is in our hearts that matters to God, not which church label we wear.

Chrissy Cross and Mari North like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well the only thing that offends me personally @Ken Anderson is that today you handed satan the arrows of offense for him to shoot.

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm not offended. I'm just saying my views are different than yours and I accept that they are but what offends me is when someone says there's is the only true one. This was in reply to Ken.

A few posts got in between.

When there is only one accepted view and one goal, that is communism. The religion of choice in communism was atheism but it could have been anyone really, but all had to believe the same.

People in Hungary weren't allowed to go to church in the beginning of communism.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Yes, everything was going swimmingly until then.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, yes, yes! You got it, @Yvonne Smith ! "My way or the highway" has never worked and never will work. It really is what's in our heart, yes. I truly can't see God slamming the door to heaven closed and saying "Ooops, sorry, I know you believed in me and my Son, but... well, you were Baptist and not Methodist, so sorry, Charlie, but hit the road."

Newer Christians seem to have a way of "witnessing" that we longer-time Christians see as very wrong and counterproductive... maybe someday they'll realize, but for the time being, I honestly believe that they are doing exactly the opposite of what their good intentions think they're doing.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

I accept that, and I am pretty sure that I have never indicated that I believed that only Anabaptists were going to heaven. There are many views but only one truth. We decide which that is by faith that is based on the evidence. Obviously, not everyone is going to be right but there's no reason to hate someone for being wrong.

12. Mari North

Registered

Not I! Not worth it. :rolleyes: Ooops, hope that wasn't an invitation for anyone to try harder... oh well, have at me!

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Mari North

Registered

Or maybe the discord being sown when others are trying to state their own beliefs, and the [what some would perceive as arrogance] is actually the arrows being handed to Beelzebub? What think, @Babs Hunt ?

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.jpg I don't hate anybody really, Ken. And to lighten the mood, this is what happened to my spinach low carb tortilla that I was going to eat for breakfast but instead got involved in this thread.

Mari North and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Mari North

Registered

:D:D Frisbee game at Chrissy's house! I'll bring the cake and potato salad. That thing's not gonna knock someone out, is it, @Chrissy Page ? Looks wicked!