J D Vance

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jul 18, 2024.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A bit like Barack Obama, but with a very different background. Obama was/is a dedicated Communist from his upbringing, but had little political experience when he was elected President.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know Don, according to Teddy Rooseveldt, it's hard to kill a Bull Moose

;)

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

I really like your "take" on Vance bobby. Makes good sense ;) After all, I think Trump got in over Hillary at the time when enough people were sick of politicians ;)

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

It will be interesting to see who Mike DeWine (R) appoints to take JD's Senate seat should Trump win the election.

"Under Ohio law, the governor, would first appoint an interim replacement to serve in Mr. Vance's seat until a special election could be held in November 2026."

It's a chance to resurrect Vivek Ramaswamy. :) He's from Cincinnati. His name has been mentioned. "If I were asked to serve, I would strongly consider it," he said.

Also flame-thrower Jim Jordan has been mentioned. :rolleyes: Although Ohio has become a Red state, I don't think it's quite THAT red, yet.

5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I listened to an interview with Ramaswamy and he said it was under consideration should the Trump-Vance win the White House.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  6. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

J D spoke in Ohio this afternoon and he did a great job. There were a couple little things I would fix but it’s very much worth listening to. No doubt it’s on You Tube.

7. Denise Evans

Registered

Wow, after reading this, I'm even more happy Trump picked Vance! His views are very in tune with mine and I'm proud this guy says it like it is!!

This guys got guts, and a wife that seems to be very much supportive of the ways "I believe" God made us to pursue! And before anyone whines about "what if the man doesn't fulfill his end of the bargain, ask yourself who picked him out :rolleyes:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/07/24/jd-vance-gender-views-00170673

Vada Bloom likes this.
  8. Nancy Hart

Registered

Please, please JD... Can't a childless woman without a cat at least have 2/3 of a vote? :( Is it ok if a man doesn't have children? What about dogs?

Vance is a gift to the Democrats.

9. Vada Bloom

Registered

JD is a country boy. He tells it like he sees it and this was a direct slam at Harris. There’s also a big kernel of truth in it. I think experience is important and children are important to the future of the country. It does matter to me if a candidate has had the experience of raising a family if they want to govern the country. They should know first hand what parents struggle with.

Family is one of the basic issues in a lot of voter’s minds. There’s nothing like raising kids to help an individual to mature and to learn some very important things about life and what is important.

John Nopales and Don Alaska like this.
  10. Vada Bloom

Registered

Late today I was in one of my usual haunts and ran across more information on JD and the cat ladies comment.

The comment is 3 years old and the site has more of the back story and the reasoning why it's in the news now. There are also current comments from JD.

Btw, at the time he made this comment he was a candidate for Senate in Ohio and was elected.

Here is the title and the link for anyone who might want to know more.

JD Vance Makes First Public Comments Since Media Latched Onto His 'Childless Cat Ladies' Remark From 2021

https://redstate.com/levon/2024/07/...hildless-cat-ladies-remark-from-2021-n2177410

Edited to add that I posted this for information about the age of the comment and to let people know that it was dug up by the Democrats to be used against Vance. Of course I realize that fact will not make it any less offensive to the offended. That's not my point.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2024
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I don't think "cat ladies" is an appropriate term. I have noticed that the attitudes of childless people--both male and female--are different from those who have children. I may be wrong and you guys can yell at me if you want, but I think it is in part because they have no investment in the future. I have very fond friends in this category, but the ability to concentrate on the present and more or less ignore the future seems to be a common mindset.

Bobby Cole and Jacob Petersheim like this.
  12. Nancy Hart

Registered

It's amusing that Vance also said people with children should pay lower income taxes. Is he not aware of the Child Tax Credit? It's been around since 1997.

Lulu Moppet and Krystal Shay like this.
  13. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

People with no children, or children in school, also pay "taxes" for all the schools that are in their district on their property tax bill.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Approximately 80% of our property taxes (the only state or local taxes we pay) go to the local schools in one form or another. We home-schooled our kids, so we paid to educate others as well as our own--in duplicate.:)

Krystal Shay and John Brunner like this.
  15. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Who paid for your education, Don? Or mine? Other people as well as my parents. Most people aren't smart enough to home school, without help from the local school. I knew a home schooled girl in my son's High School and she participated in many aspects of school life, including some academic, but many social events. She was as welcome as a full time student.

Don Alaska likes this.