Jeb Bush Caught In His Own Trap

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of the things that is always brought up by presidential candidates is the safety of our country and protection from a terrorist attack like happened on 9/11.
    Jeb Bush brought up the subject and then Donald Trump pointed out that it was G.W. Bush who was in the White House when the attack happened.
    This was immediately jumped on by Bush, who asserted that "his brother kept us safe", along with a picture of President Bush at Ground Zero. (that was not a best choice to assert that Bush kept us safe , in my opinion) He accused Trump of blaming GW, and The Donald replied that he had NOT blamed Bush, just stated the fact that it did happen on his watch. It is pretty well known that there was information about a forthcoming terrorit attack, which was ignored by the Bush administration.

However, now that Jeb has made a big deal of this; it also opens up his part in the attacks for investigation again. Many of the al Quaeda terrorists were able to get divers licenses and ID's from Florida , and also trained there before the attack. There was even an arrest warrant out for one terrorist, and it was simply ignored.
    It looks to me like Trump was a few moves ahead of Jeb Bush in the chess game on this one.

http://www.ibtimes.com/under-fire-d...911-even-though-hijackers-got-florida-2146486

Bill Boggs, Pat Davis and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not avid with US politics although I am aware of what's going on there particularly with the debates. That statement of Jeb Bush about his smoking marijuana 25 years ago was uncalled for. In that instance, I find Jeb Bush to be a tactless politician. He should know the dictum - less talk, less mistake so no talk, no mistake.

Regarding his clash with Donald Trump, I guess Trump is one cool guy when it comes to debates so they should beware.

Pat Davis likes this.