Julia's Thoughts And Hopes

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Julia Curtis, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am sad to hear that there is nothing more that they can do for your heart, @Julia Curtis . Thank you for sharing this with us, and I know that it has to be disappointing for you, when you were hoping for new valve replacement.
    I am pretty much at that point with my heart failure, too. After they did the last AV Node block and put the pacemaker in full control of my heart, there is really nothing else they can do to help my heart failure either.
    I will always have the a-fib, which is wearing out my heart, but with the AV node block, the pacemaker can at least make it work somewhat better.

What I focus on now, is about the same things that you are doing.
    I am reading and learning more about taking better care of my body to help it heal itself as much as it can do, exercising to my ability, and following my doctor’s instructions for my diet and health.
    I think that finding things we can still do to enjoy life helps a lot, Julia, and I know that you have been looking for new hobbies as well. Something new that I just found, and really enjoy, is the online coloring books.
    And you do not have to buy anything to do this.

There are all kinds of apps for coloring with your tablet, some are free and some have premium versions; and should work with your tablet. I just started doing this, and I have found that I really love coloring this way.
    Greyscale pictures come out looking like they were painted, and regular pictures just look like pretty pictures that you have colored. You might look at your App Store and see what you find, if this looks like fun to you.

If you are not interested in art, then look through some of the apps for things you are interested in, maybe games, puzzles, or whatever strikes your fancy.
    Here is an example of what an online coloring page looks like, in case you haven’t seen them before and are interested in doing this hobby.

IMG_0039.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sorry to hear the latest news, Julia. Please stay in touch. Your contributions here are much appreciated.

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I am glad no one harmed you in the attempt. I have issues and I kept thinking "This will get me back to normal" Nothing has yet. But I finally realized I have NEVER been 'normal' :rolleyes: I do what I can. There is still beauty out there. Even in here.
    Hugs!

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

In reality, we are all in the same boat, Julia. Not one of us knows what tomorrow will bring, or how our life will change. I am thankful that you have been able to receive care and assistance with your condition, and that they have brought you to where you are today. How they will stay by you to help you focus on what you can do. Never lose hope, and continue to reach out to God. I will continue to keep you in prayer, asking for a Miracle for you...that god will make a way, where there seems to be no way. Life is fragile, handle with Prayer! Oh yeah....and have a Blessed Easter!:)

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

6. Julia Curtis

Julia Curtis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thank you Mr.Alaska..

7. Julia Curtis

Registered

Me to Mr.Alaska

8. Julia Curtis

Registered

I couldn't agree more Maru.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  9. Julia Curtis

Registered

Mary.geeze, typos are so embarrassing.

10. Julia Curtis

Registered

Thank you everyone for the kind replies,I'll just keep doing the gym out of nessacity now even tho it's something I like(thank goodness for that),cause lots don't and are doing the gym because their doctors told them they HAD to be more active.I breezed by that part :D.But I do hear people say they HAD to.I was struggling with the shopping part with the public transportation but that's been helped to.I ha SO grateful for that.I'm still grappling with the whole thing but I'm trying.

11. Julia Curtis

Registered

Thank you Nancy I will...

12. Julia Curtis

Registered

That is pretty Yvonne,Not something with my sight that I think I could do.I think you know I had a stroke during a vascular surgery and it took my perifferal vision so I have like tunnel vision now I did find some really cool word search books on Amazon make by Nina Porter called "Supersized for Challenged Eyes" and they're 32 point size and super bold print.For now that will work,I've been saving since last year to go back to Grand Manan Island,I hope to make it this Fall or that is my hope.And you're right....new procedures are happening everyday and maney one will come along.I am still like I said coming to terms with this and the Surgeon said there was no expiry date stamped anywhere but don't quit moving.....
    I do appreciate all the comments but I'm in your shoes now Yvonne.....not a real fan.:(

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

nope just human :)

14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Julia, I didn't know this was about your health or I'd came a lot earlier. I thought it was a diary game. I can't see good enough to play games that much. I too had a stroke Sept. 2019.and lost my peripheral vision and have a kind of tunnel vision.
    I am sorry you got this news but also glad you won't give in or up and your fighting and will win many more good years.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I have come to know Julia well these past few months and I can tell you she is a fighter and survivor !
    Frankly I do not know how she has managed to do all that she has with such obstacles in her way. I am so happy she is getting some much needed and deserved help with transportation, cleaning and other things.
    Really feel that with our support and understanding she will thrive even better. You Go Julia !