Julia's Thoughts And Hopes

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Julia Curtis, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Julia Curtis

Julia Curtis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Life has been a bit different,between the Surgeon and my GP and the Social Worker who all work together as a team or communicate at least,I now have a bit of help with things I have trouble with doing and no more public transit.I have a Lady that comes in and helps out but also takes me to the gym and the trails or if I need to go to the grocery store or appointments.The trip to see the Surgeon every 3 months is not an option with her but still a big good change but I wasn't sure about starting that,I'm not good with different people coming in my space.So far there is one and a backup for when one is away.Anyway that's how that is and it was also suggested I have a lifeline but one I could use anywhere I went or anywhere in Canada so it's GoSafe by Lifeline.Kinda weird to have it on because I'm not used to anything having around my neck but I'm doing it however reluctantly.That's the latest.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Lifeline is a great idea, @Julia Curtis , and you will get used to wearing it and enjoy the safe feeling it gives you. When my daughter got me my first Apple Watch, I had not worn a watch in years, and didn’t think I would like having to wear something on my wrist again; but before long, it was just part of being dressed and I didn’t even think about it.
    It is a good feeling to know that if something happens you can get help right away, and will be especially good since you live alone.

If you do not want to wear it around your neck, there might be a way to pin it onto your clothing or some other way to wear it. I had a Fitbit Tracker and it had a clip and I just clipped it onto my clothing and never even noticed it was there after that.

It is wonderful that you have people helping you get to your appoiintments and to the gym and other things you need to do, and I think that once you get used to all of the new changes, you will find that you are enjoying the help.

3. Julia Curtis

Registered

I will ask about the clip on,I keep it inside my shirt at the moment but you can still see it around my neck.And yes I do find my life easier a bit now but that's how my GP,Surgeon,Social Worker are designing it to be.Before this,when I did go to the grocery store I could only bring back what I could fit in my backpack and guess what...almond milk is heavy!!!Plus whatever else was in there.So yes it is easier but it's only because my valve cannot be fixed and as it gets worse I'll be palliative but I'm told that palliative is very different, it's not like I envisioned being in a hospital bed with IV's and stuff.So that always good to know:eek:

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

It's good that you are being a caregiver to yourself!:)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Julia Curtis

Registered

Thank you Mr.Riley.:)