Just Ordered Some Shrubs

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Steve North, May 9, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't think that the nandina would grow way up in Ontario where @Steve North lives, and might not be the kind of windbreak that he needs in any case, because they would lose their leaves in the winter when he most needs winter wind protection up there in the north.
    The informtion said nandina is only able to grow in zones 5-10, and I think that Steve said that he was in zone 2-3 up there.
    Hopefully, these will grow better for him than the last ones they ordered, which didn't get much growth at all.

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/nandina.html

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

50 shrubs sounds like a lot however when you have acreage, 50 are just a few..

As far as pictures goes, how would you like me to post them ????
    I don't have a cell phone or any of those gadgets..
    I don't have a camera that I can put a picture on here.. I have a camera that takes film.. I have no film...

bottom line............................. NO pictures..
    On the other hand, you are welcome to drop by and see them for yourself..

We ordered them from a catalogue and the company was out in the Prairies of Canada.. somewhere in Manitoba..
    Much cheaper to do it that way.. 50 plants delivered to the post office in my village, cost me only $75.00.. That's $1.50 per plant while in the nursery up here, they want up to $10.00 per plant and they are not much bigger than what I got except they come in pots... big deal, mine are doing just great....

Yvonne Smith likes this.