Kamala Harris

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ed Wilson, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's called the Peter Principle.
    It states, "In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence." In other words, if you work in an organization with a top-down management structure and you are good at your job, you will likely be promoted until you reach one rung above your level of competence.

Lee Brown, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I am familiar with Dr. Peter's work, and it applies to the private sector more in that you will be promoted at least one level above your competence. In the Civil Service however, it is very difficult to fire anyone. One of the ways incompetent people are dealt with there is to promote them to a higher position which generally means they can do less harm in their lack of ability. If someone is at or nearing retirement age, they are pressured to retire to prevent themselves from being transferred into an unsavory job or location. I have seen it many times and sometimes it is not incompetence that drives the promotion/retirement, but a superior that just doesn't like the person involved for some reason.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have been hearing from various dems in the media that D. Trump Blocked the last border bill which would have supposedly funded more border patrol and enacbled more screening etc.
    NOW, Kamala Harris’s team has thrown up an ad that not only blames Trump for blocking the bill but also blames him for the lack of technology to help monitor the border.

Now, I seriously WISH someone would inform the nice lady that D. Trump hasn’t been in office for 3.5+ years and has no ability to block any bill coming through Congress.
    Further, if the Truth be told, if it wasn’t for the additional bills attached to the “border bill” that would have approved of another few BILLION dollars for Ukraine, the bill might have stood a remote chance of making it through the House.

Alas, I realize that Kamala probably takes her marching orders from Pelosi, Obama and Soros but she oughta know that such ads just make her look like more of an ignorant wanna-be than she really is.
    I mean, there’s looking stupid and then there’s looking stupid-er.

Ed Wilson, Vada Bloom and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There's also the fact that border bills proposed or supported by Democrats are intended to accomplish an objective opposite that which they pretend.

Vada Bloom, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Like some of the posters here, many will believe all that without even thinking. A dangerous thing, thinking about things before decisions are made. The left relies on people believing what they are told without thinking about them.

6. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Unfortunately, it's not only here. There are too many people who refuse to find out anything for themselves. They don't like news because it's unpleasant and what little they do get almost always comes from a liberal mainstream source. Sometimes they watch The View or something else on MSNBC.

I gave up on trying to talk politics with some of my relatives years ago but I was out to breakfast with one a few weeks ago and foolishly engaged because she is only about 12 years away from retirement age and some info has seeped through to make her worry about Social Security. After agreeing that she should be concerned I asked her who she would vote for and she reluctantly said Biden. That was before he dropped out. She's probably thrilled with Kamala alt the while knowing nothing about her or what policies she stands for. I will bite my tongue in half before I ask her again. :mad:

7. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-
    Ms Bloom- That is probably the wisest decision. We don't go to family get-togethers because the family members are mostly all rabid tRumpers, and we just don't want to hear their foolishness spewed out. We'd rather think back when we had good times and they were decent people. Better that way, I think.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

What is totally ironic and laughable to me is that people are still fuming about that statement Trump made in private 8 years before he announced his first run at the Presidency. Ya know, that grabbing thing.

Yet, there is no mention by those same people of how Kamala used uh, to write it delicately, her YY chromosomes to help her skyrocket to the DA’s office and beyond.

Thus far, Kamala has used her skin color, her ethnic background and her “female qualities” for political promotions but to me, has yet to use her brain for anything other than how to sell the aforementioned qualities.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2024
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The objective is to create the impression that the race for the presidency is close or even that Kamala is ahead so that the Democrats can cheat and steal another election, and they'll use partisan polls and the partisan media to achieve this.

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

When the left leaning media takes a poll among left leaning people, what other result other than left leaning can it be?

11. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

"female qualities" You are so diplomatic. o_O

One of the big weekend stories concerned Kamala's current husband, Emhoff, impregnating the nanny to his children during a previous marriage. No surprise that didn't matter to Kamala when she chose him.

There is so much going on, the world is waiting for Iran to attack Israel. Harris and Biden are in the situation room meeting with the national security team. How scary is that???

The stock market is dropping like a boulder, last week's jobs report was way down, families are struggling to afford food near the end of 4 years of Biden/Harris and yet some want more.

12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

...and everyone knows that the jobs report was probably falsely HIGH as it usually is. It will be revised even lower in a couple weeks when nobody's looking...like it usually is.

Lee Brown and Denise Evans like this.
  13. Lee Brown

Lee Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yep. It's known as the Peter Principle, which states that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to "a level of respective incompetence".

14. Lee Brown

Registered

Labor statistics and unemployment numbers were always based on voodoo arithmetic.

It's like there are 6 different methods for measuring unemployment, and the one used is not really the actual number. You can see the current rates here: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm.

The number the government uses is the U3 rate, which is artificially low because it only includes people who are able to report to the unemployment office, not discouraged workers, people who are not allowed to report to the unemployment office, etc.

15. Lee Brown

Registered

They also will get transferred to another department.

Don Alaska likes this.