Kavanaugh's Swearing In

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

"Tart words make no friends; a spoonful of honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar." - Benjamin Franklin

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think there's any of us that didn't do some really stupid and foolish things when we were in High School...and drinking alcohol or doing drugs helped those stupid and foolish things seem sane at the time. What I also think is that most of us are different people then the ones we were in High School...we grew up for the most part and hopefully learned from those mistakes we made back then.

While I do think we should have to acknowledge wrong doing...I also think we have to acknowledge that we all are imperfect people who have made mistakes and will until the day we die (which is probably a mistake to some us too). I don't think foolish things that were done in High School...prevents a person from being good for a job now....unless it can be proved that the person is still doing those things.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't pay close attention to the whole thing so I'm just going by what I know about young men, drinking, fraternities etc.

He wasnt an innocent but that doesn't mean he raped ? Can't think of her name at this moment. :)

I also think most women in the 60's were either raped, sexually assaulted, did things they don't want to do regarding sex and it was a diffrent time and very hard to get a rape conviction then so most kept quiet.

But to bring them up now after all these years and false memories isn't right either.

Just start now! The past is past.

My opinion only...

Also posted the same time as @Babs Hunt ....I agree with what she says also.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have 5 grandsons...I know that when at the right age my kids teach them ...no means no.

Also how to treat women with respect...of course mix alcohol with that and it all flies out the window. :(

I would hate for a grandson to be falsely accused and a career ruined.

5. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe to his mother, but Bart or even Barf is good for me!

6. Peter Renfro

Registered

My problem with this is that he tried to portray himself as some kind of freakish nose in the books choir boy when he was anything but. It was his denial of the characterization that was the disqualifying factor.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I also want to say in this case...it was a Witch Hunt...Ms. Ford had plenty of chances before to accuse JBK of any wrong going and she didn't. This was in my opinion more about "some" people not wanting Trump's nominee to get the seat on the Supreme Court.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

She lied. She didn't even sound credible, and the only people who believed her were those who wanted to believe her, and even some of them couldn't really believe her story. She may well have been assaulted when she was fifteen but the part about Brett Kavanaugh being the would-be rapist was supplied by her handlers.

Was Brett Kavanaugh a perfect person throughout his high school and college years? Probably not. From his picture, I thought he looked like someone who I'd have considered to be a jerk. But that doesn't make him a serial rapist, and when you consider some of his accusers, on the Senate side, the whole thing was laughable.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I do believe this was a set up but I also believe there may have been some truth to this whole mess. And I think that truth might be that Brett Kavanaugh still likes his beer! ;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

In another thread, you jumped all over someone here for mentioning the color of a person’s skin in their post, and yet you seem to find it perfectly fine to refer to a woman in one of the most derogatory references possible, @Peter Renfro ....... why is that ?
    Expressing one’s opinion can be done like a gentleman (or a lady), and using vulgar names does not reflect well upon any person.

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ah, freedom of speech is indeed live but not doing well in your case.
    #1. I’m a Bible thumper and quite well educated and Nothing on this earth makes me “jump” for glee.
    #2. BRETT Kavenaugh said in an interview over a month ago that Roe versus Wade was a done deal and could not be presented to the Supreme Court again.
    #3. Whilst much of what you say is only an opinion, I might ask that you back up on your description of female genitalia in the colloquial sense.
    To paraphrase you on another post and on another thread, “your post would have been as strong without it.”
    #4. You have managed to charge and hang a man without any proof in any way shape or form and merely use your own experience in high school as a prime example of what ALL high schoolers do which brings up the next item.
    #5. Because you have indirectly implicated yourself in high school antics such as the accostation of your female counterparts in high school and of drunkedness, I hereby charge you with assault on an unwilling female, rape, extortion and of course, alcoholism.
    I do not have any proof of all that but by your own words, I just do not need any proof...............

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Don Alaska and Babs Hunt like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I managed to make it through high school without raping anyone, or even trying to. But then, I have been a Christian for quite a while and have never really thought about thumping a Bible. Obviously, I'm missing something that real men have.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I didn’t even enjoy my first kiss until I was around 17. I was too busy working to date.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think any normal teenager thought about raping anyone during High School years...but those "raging teenage hormones" might have put a few sexual thoughts forth at times like "copping a feel" or "getting to first, second, or third base". Add alcohol to that mix and the thoughts might get a little stronger and even cause some teenagers to "go for it". Of course maybe some of us didn't have raging hormones back then...as a girl I can say I had them but they leaned more towards romance than sex during my High School years. I think for a lot of teenage boys it was the sexual side they leaned more towards but that doesn't mean they acted on those feelings just because they thought them.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Peter Renfro

Registered

You bouta impressive sumna bic aintcha there Bobby! Guess I'll just slink away like the scalded dawg I am.
    Who the hell do you think your lecturing son?