Ken's Boring Life

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It was time to mow the lawn again, so I did that and then poked around in the back garden area, weeding some of the maple and dandelion shoots out of it, both of which would otherwise get out of control, especially the maples because if I don't get them the first year they come up, the roots are too deep to do a good job of it on the second. I don't mind dandelions in my yard, but they crowd out the other stuff that I'm trying to grow in the garden.

Tony Page, Von Jones and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

It's been raining here almost every day for a while, which is not unusual for this time of year. Unfortunately, this is when I promised myself that I would start walking more, so perhaps I need to do that whether it's raining or not. It's not like a little water is going to kill me.

productivity.jpg

One of the reasons I use Grammarly is for the compliments. Actually, I sometimes wonder why I use it because it's not like my grammar sucks. However, it sometimes catches things I might have missed, although I reject as many suggestions as I accept. It seems that it wants me to always say things the same way, and since most of my writing is in the web directory, that is something that I can't do. In thousands of town and city subcategories for Faith and Spirituality or Education & Instruction, it would be all too easy to use a boilerplate description of the category, but that is what I try to avoid. If I used Grammarly's suggestions more often, all of these subcategory descriptions would look the same.

3. Ken Anderson

My left leg has hurt since I carried nine large bags of potting soil (one at a time, not all at once) from the car to our above-ground planters a couple of days ago. The pain is at the point of the Achilles tendon, although I don't know if it's a tendon or a muscle that hurts. The pain will probably recede before I die, or shortly thereafter.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

So what are you doing for it?

5. Ken Anderson

A little bit of whining.

6. Ken Anderson

Ever since I started putting food out on the 2nd-floor fire escape, we have seen mostly blue jays and gray squirrels, with a spattering of other birds, sometimes raccoons, and only occasionally a chipmunk or a red squirrel. This year, while the gray squirrels and blue jays were frequent visitors throughout the winter, I don't think I've seen a blue jay at our bowl since spring, and, while we do get a gray squirrel once in a while, we mostly see red squirrels and chipmunks, both of which have previously been rare.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

They are getting' where the gettin's good, Ken.