Khizr Kahn

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

All good information as I knew very little about this guy. And all I heard in the media were attacks on Trump. Hillary is a weasle and only uses the parts of the story she likes.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know what the real story is and that's not my point anyway. Trump needs to handle these things better than
    The way he is responding now. Did you read his tweets? Immature.

Trump needs to secure the vote of people like me, he's got your vote already. I need to see him act more presidential and professional, not fly off the handle like a spoiled brat who didn't get his way.

STOP tweeting! Learn the issues better and talk about those not the fire Marshall.

I don't think you are getting my point. He won't win with just the for sure voters and even those might waver at the last minute.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

In my opinion it was the way Trump handled it. He flies off the handle and has a hissy fit and tweets something stupid.

Trump should have kept quiet, done his homework and responded in a normal fashion, not attack the wife and make insinuations as to why she's not talking....that didn't score points with me.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

That's the sort of thing that is organized entirely by the Hillary campaign, and signed by a few Gold Star parents who already supported Hillary, and who wouldn't be voting for Trump anyhow. There are very few actual grassroots efforts anymore.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's too bad, this way it makes it look like you all agree.

Of course 23 is really a small number...but it will get lots of press.

This is why I hate politics, it's so unfair.

Diane Lane and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

My heart goes out to anyone who would give up his life for a country he loves. Having said that it is a real shame that these poor men/women that gave up their lives for a country who lied to them and took them to their deaths. The soldiers who gave up their lives fighting in the Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, and all the other places that these troops went all on a lie from their government. Now they want to back the queen of lies so more can be killed. When will they ever learn? This is the elite’s game and these soldiers are the pawns that will be sacrificed to save the queen.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I did see this in response but I didn't check it out for the source, but it was well said.

Dear Mr. Khan,

I want to preface this letter by stating that I respect your son’s sacrifice for this great nation. By all accounts, he is a true hero that sacrificed himself in service to our country. For that I am thankful.

As a veteran, I watched your comments at the Democratic National Convention with a mixture of sadness, and anger. The United States has a military comprised of volunteers. Every single member has made the conscious choice to join the military and serve. There is not a single service member who has been forced into service. It is important for all service members (and apparently, their families) to understand that service to this great nation does not imbue one with special privileges or rights. I found your comments troubling when you said: “Have you ever been to Arlington cemetery? Go look at the graves of brave patriots who died defending the United States of America. You will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities. You have sacrificed nothing and no one.”

Does it matter whether Mr. Trump has sacrificed “…nothing and no one?”…has Ms. Clinton “..sacrificed” for this nation? How about Mr. Obama? Your comment stating that Mr. Trump “…has sacrifice no one” is alarming. Are you intimating that YOU sacrificed? Sir, your son willingly sacrificed himself. As a father I cannot imagine the pain you must feel but his sacrifice is his own. He was not forced to serve.

I am troubled that you would allow a party that has little more than contempt for the US Service Member to parade you into the DNC to denounce Donald Trump. Did you watch when protesters at the DNC booed and heckled Medal of Honor recipient Capt. Florent Groberg? Did you notice your party interrupting the moment of silence for slain police officers? Your own hypocrisy in not denouncing these acts and instead using the DNC as a platform to make a political point is disgraceful. The simple fact is that whether one served or sacrificed does not give greater power to their statements. One vote is as valuable as another. That sir, is why our Country is great. Your condemnation of one person for a statement while standing idly as your party disparages veterans and police officers is the height of hypocrisy.

To conflate the need to prevent potential terrorists from entering our country with the belief that ‘all Muslims’ should be banned is simply wrong and disingenuous. As a reminder, Mr. Trump said: ” “Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,” The irony of your son’s own death at the hands of these very people in Iraq should not be ignored. I have little doubt that your son would have recognized the need to protect our country from these very people. In fact, he held is own troops back so that he could check on a suspicious car. Your son understood sacrifice and how to protect “his people”…’his soldiers’….’his fellow Americans’…

As you continue to make the media circuit and bask in the glow of affection cast upon you by a party that has little regard for your son’s own sacrifice, and veterans in general, I would ask you to consider your comments and your position more closely.

Respectfully,

Chris Mark

US Marine and Navy Veteran.

Share this:

Diane Lane and Ken Anderson like this.
  10. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Ken Anderson

Soldiers, and the families of soldiers, are as varied in their politics as most groups of people in the United States. When someone chooses to speak in favor of a candidate or issue, they speak for themselves alone, and I cannot believe that anyone could be stupid or self absorbed as to believe that he can go on national television attacking one candidate, and still be a private person whose Gold Star family status should protect him from criticism. That's insane, and few people in the United States would have gotten caught up in this story without the media hype. As I've said before, we're going to see a lot of that and it doesn't really matter whether Trump says anything stupid or not because they will flat out make things up if they have to, as they have used Photoshopped images of tweets pretending to have been from Trump, and then slammed Trump for it on all of the television networks. The truth, if it comes out at all, will be a lot quieter than the false allegations.

My hope is that I am right in that the American people are sick of it, and that enough of them will be able to see through the bias and the maneuverings. My biggest fear is that, with Obama in full charge of everything having anything to do with the federal government and federal laws, the election itself will be fixed, on a level that we've never seen before. Given complicity on the part of the Republican leadership, Obama is the first president we've ever had who is not a lame duck. He rules as a sovereign rather than as a president because both the congress and the courts allow him to.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Someone please help this novice nerd with a question: What makes the opinion of this "SNOPES" sh!t so unquestionably infallible?? Are they God's gift to accuracy and truthfulness? Who/what is "Snopes".? What is the background sustenance behind the site's operators? Frank

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just got up and went through my usual rounds, Facebook, reading some other forums, etc and for the most part it's anti Trump posts and shares. I'm so sick of it. Everything is made to look like its real and most people believe it.
    I believe very little and that's from both sides. I don't think anyone of us even know the real truth anymore.

It's just going to get worse and I feel this country is too divided and full of hate and neither candidate will bring us together. :(

Also, I have a friend of a friend on FB who is an 80+ year old vet, very religious and just a nice old man and he is posting these anti Trump shares all day long and my feed has nothing but this in it, I go through a page of this crap
    Before I get to family posts or close friends.

I forget how to get his stuff off my page without unfriending him or blocking him. I just don't want to see his posts.

I know I've done it before but can't remember now.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

They have been accused of having a liberal slant and and there was some sort of investigation if I recall but
    It was cleared up. :)

I usually check what I post if I have time because I know someone will run it through Snopes anyway.

Not so much here but other places. Anything from the right is usually false according to them.

The best I've seen them do with something conservative is parts are true or unproven.

Anything pasted in an email is usually false, those are obvious.

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Could you or anyone else pulllleeeesssseee explain to me what Trump said that was so wrong?
    It's a gimme that Kahn and his wife are Muslim. The wife was silent and Trump pointed it out but simply said at the end that maybe she wasn't allowed to speak. Even in some Pentacostal and Southern Baptist families the women say very little or nothing when the husband is in the lead so why doubt if the good captain's mother under Shariah law was supposed to stay dumb? Where is the hubbub with that?
    Trump, to me at least, sounded very humble and was respectful concerning the dad and had virtually nothing to comment about the rant on stage at the DNC.

I have never been touted as being in the ranks of stupidity but this one totally throws me. And to what must Trump appologize for?

Here's a very well written message to Kahn from a military mother I would really like to share.
    https://www.facebook.com/trumptruck/posts/772528982883851