Kitchen Gadgets

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Beth Gallagher, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Back to Kitchen Gadgets ! (My little effort to get this thread back on topic )

Since it has been so cold, my one cup of coffee in the morning just seems not to be enough, and I would like to be able to refill it, at least.
    I checked the Amazon Warehouse, and they have a space-saver 5 cup coffee maker on sale. It looks like it does not take up any more room than my one-cup coffee maker; so I can retire that back to the pantry closet until Spring arrives and i only want one cup in the morning.

This is it, and it loads water and coffee from the front, has a timer, and the handy feature of being able to grab a cup right away while it is still brewing (I will for sure be doing that !).

IMG_5897.jpeg

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Did you get the new coffeemaker, @Yvonne Smith ? I love it when new toys arrive. :D

I was wanting to ask you about your frother that you got a while back. Do you still use it and would you recommend that brand? I was looking at single-cup coffeemakers that come with frothers and decided that maybe just buying a frother would make more sense. Amazon has about 3 million frothers so I'm having trouble picking one. I see that Instant Pot has one but there are some complaints about the little whisk thing falling out into the coffee. :rolleyes:

Anyone else using a frother?

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I got one free from Amazon Vine. Its battery powered. I don't use it as a coffee frothier, but it makes a really good eggbeater for one or two eggs.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

The coffee pot has been sitting somewhere in Huntsville , waiting for roads to re-open so that UPS can give it to USPS and they can bring it to me. The last alert said maybe by Wednesday….. so still waiting.
    About the frother, I have two of them and like them both for what they do, but usually just make my coffee and do not bother with the frother.
    That being said, the best one also heats up the milk, so you put it in the frother and in about 30 seconds, it is hot and frothy to put into your coffee, without cooling down the coffee. It is made by Bodum, but says unavailable right now, so they probably have a newer model.
    The other one I have is a quick and easy battery operated one that you just put into the milk (or directly into the coffee) and it froths it right up .
    If you want heated milk, then that one is great, and if it does not matter, the little one is fast and easy.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I have a 5 cup coffee maker I keep on hand in case my main one breaks down. It cost me less than $10 at Walmart.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I just use a fork to beat eggs. :D

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I want one that heats the milk. Some people use them to make hot cocoa really creamy. I used to have one of the little "stick" type but I didn't like it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Shirley Martin

Registered

John Brunner likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yep. So am I. :D

10. John Brunner

I wanted to do that but changed my mind.

But it's the best omelette I've ever made...
    [​IMG]

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm still looking at frothers. I see the Breville can be had for the bargain price of $160. o_Oo_Oo_O What the what?? :confused: I'll be passing on that "deal." I wish the Instant Pot frother didn't have so many complaints of the whisk thing falling out. I usually like their products.

12. Shirley Martin

Registered

Beth, that's one of those things that I'd think about twice ...... or three times...... before spending money for. How often will you actually use it? Often enough to justify the cost? The only reason I have one is because it was free. :)

13. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

14. John Brunner

I think I've used mine twice. I most often cook in bulk so I have leftovers, and the air fryers aren't made for that. Apparently they do a great job on chicken thighs, but I've not tried those yet.

I fear it is destined for Goodwill...or maybe donated to a church rummage sale.

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I used to use my air fryer a lot more than I do now. It does crisp up things well, like leftover fries, eggrolls, etc. Not sure it's worth the kitchen real estate any longer, though.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.