Lateral Or Linear Thinking

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Bobby Cole, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes but I got most of them right because I've seen these type of tests before and know what they are going for.

2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I started out being a lateral thinker. When I took Neurolinguistic Programming [NLP] courses my mind became very flexible being able to think in both. After I took a course in Language and Behaviour Profile [Lab profile] which described the way people make different differences in understanding their environment. Also courses on Educational Kinesiology teach how to learn with the right and left hemisphere of the brain at the same time. Very good for teaching children.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

...unless one believes in the "Flat Brain"! ;):rolleyes:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I figured out what they wanted and some I had heard before so I knew the answer ahead of time is what I'm trying to say @Joe Riley

So, not a good test for me since I knew most of the answers and for the ones I didn't know...the answer wouldn't be the obvious one...

Actually for the first one I didn't think their answer was a good one....ask to buy her a drink...that could mean you're trying to hit on her.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to go on a straight path from A to Z but that doesn't always work so I have learned to go to Plan B, or C, etc. when I can't go on the straight path. So yes I can and have adapted to both leanings. I'm sure I can spot the leanings in my family, in fact my middle daughter leans towards "all over the place" instead of from A to Z. Yet she always ends up at Z too.

I think a good teacher can recognize the different leanings in her students and if she can find the time with all they expect of teachers now days...she will "teach" to both leanings.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Loved the quiz @Joe Riley! Although as a word puzzle fanatic I have read most of these same questions a time or two it's still fun to scan over them again.
    I particularly liked the card thing toward the end. It took a second to discover.....uh......I best not spoil the fun for everyone else!

My tendencies run more toward that which is explained by the Occam"s Razor philosophy: "Among competing hypothoses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected."
    The statement can run either in the linear or lateral direction depending upon the severity of the problem so I pretty much enjoy working in both worlds.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered