Least Objectionable Dem For Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ed Wilson, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m not sure which candidate would be least objectionable to republicans. If I were one I could only guess which
    of the democrats I dislike most or which I thought might come closer to defeating this president. That is the same dilemma I have as a democrat. I like Pete. I think he might make somebody a very good vice president. and when a candidate gets up around some of our ages, they are not worth much of anything, as far as public office goes.

I know it doesn’t what I think but I believe seventy-five should be the cut-off age. At seventy-six or older, send them home to their golf game or to twiddle their thumbs. Again, It doesn’t matter what I believe about Warren or Amy because a woman can not be elected this time around, so one need not be nominated. I’m in doubt any democrat running can beat Trump. Bernie keeps saying he is the one who can beat Trump and he does have some wild ideas. He appears to be just like Trump only on a different pole (as in north and south). Early on I thought Sayer might do better. That leaves the past vice-president and the New York mayor. I don’t think Biden has much chance although
    I believe most African-American voters prefer him. And I’m beginning to think some of them have more common sense than many of their white counterparts. So, it appears my hopes for the nomination and the defeat of the current president rests on Joe Biden or Bloomberg. In my opinion both have positives and negitives, but either would be preferable to Donald Trump. After the March 3rd primaries, we all will have a better idea on the matter.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Mary Robi and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't think gender has much, if anything, to do with who can be elected, at least not from the Republican side. There are, I am sure, fewer people who won't vote for someone because she's a woman than there are those who will be more likely to vote for a candidate because she's a woman. I wouldn't vote for a Democrat woman, just as I wouldn't vote for a Democrat man, because they couldn't get any further to the left without setting up death camps, and I'm pretty sure that either Bloomberg or Bernie would be open to that, while Hillary might be content to kill people surreptitiously. White Democrats treat black Americans and women as if they were property on a plantation, without the freedom to make their own decisions, so any woman, or any black person of either gender, who dares to register as a Republican is absolutely hated by white Democrats. Look at the way they treat black or female Republicans.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

You have stated you are a Democrat and want to defeat Trump. You can't deny his long list of accomplishments, like the economy, rising wages, Isis defeated, dialog with North Korea, rebuilt military plus many more. You want him defeated but on what? I'm guessing on social issues?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Not too sure, Ed? I don’t like his personality, it doesn’t much matter what he has accomplished. I don’t like the way he’s trying to govern. He’s not my kind of people and if I could, I’d replace him. I can’t do that so all I can do is express my displeasure.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs

Personality "trumps" accomplishment? Jimmie Carter, G. H.W. Bush, (Mis)accomplishments Bill Clinton, Obama, all lie beyond value of Trump's affect on our country's well-being?
    Frank

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

By most accounts, Jimmy Carter was a nice guy but I think he was one of our worst presidents. Bill Clinton was a better president than Jimmy Carter. George W. Bush, as well, seemed to be very personable. I met him while he was the Governor of Texas, and I liked him. I voted for him the first time around but I did not vote for his reelection. While he wasn't as bad of a president as Jimmy Carter, he was not someone whose reelection I could support. Of course, John Kerry would have been even worse, so I didn't vote for him either.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s just human nature to gravitate toward those people who have some physical feature or personality trait that is pleasing to us but it’s not the way elections should be decided.
    JFK won a major block of voters because of his looks, youthfulness and his religious sect. Hillary nearly made it by centering in on her sex, J. Carter gleaned a large block of voters because he is a Christian, Obama took the nod largely because he’s black and no one can tell me that AOC made it on her intellect / math skills.
    Heck, I have no doubts that even R. Reagan made it to the California governor’s mansion largely because he was a Hollywood celebrity and Arnold made it because he’s a champion bodybuilder / movie celebrity.

If folks looked at the platforms, the planks in that platform and decide if that person can really do what is right and will honor their promises they made on the campaign trail instead of all the things that act as a facade to the real person, I think we’d be much better off with our choices.

To me, there is no one on the democrat base who is even remotely “Qualified” to be the president I want for the White House but the OP is, after all, asking my opinion of who might be the least objectionable.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm with you on this .

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Bloomberg would be the best bet for you guys. He is also a tinpot wanna be dictator just as your champion is.

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The OP didn’t ask who you thought was least objectionable for other people but who YOU thought was least objectionable for YOU.

11. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah, but I am a rebel!:cool:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

But not a good rebel Pete. A good rebel would have expounded upon his own pick and probably written a book as to why his pick is so great whilst making the hairs stand up on the necks of those who disagree.
    I checked and nope, no hairs standing up nor even a feeling of the slightest bit of stress but instead, some minor curiosity.

13. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

You don't like him? Do you like your country that he is doing so much for? I can't say I like him either but I respect his ability. Do you have to like the tow truck driver that pulls your car out of a ditch? Lots of time before November, Bill.

Bobby Cole and Al Amoling like this.
  14. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

And just what is your example specifically of his dictatorship? He hasn't banned big gulps or made sure that kids could get condoms.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no problem with kids being able to get condoms. That is a better answer to the abortion debate.

Thomas Stearn likes this.