Lets Have A Republican Woman As President, Also A Female Gop Veep!

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I can see no reason why a woman couldn't be effective as a president but as long as her reason for running is to put a woman in the White House, then she doesn't have what it takes.

2. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Judge Judy would make a great president. Honest, reasonable and logical (haven't seen her show in years, but I'm sure she's still the same).

Nancy Hart and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

This country already made the mistake of hiring someone for the oval office based on skin color and almost did it because of someone’s sex. Certainly, one of Hillary’s planks on her platform was, “it’s time to elect a woman” which negates what is between a person’s ears and concentrates on what someone has between their legs.
    When she lost, one of her more colorful comments was that a lot of women didn’t vote for her because they voted the way their husbands wanted them to vote. That’s kind of like saying that @Hal Pollner started this thread because his wife told him to. (or else).

Sadly though, I do believe a lot of folks did vote for Hillary based on her sex and not what she could actually do for the U.S. but also sadly, there are a lot of folks who would not vote for a women based on actual gender as well.

We’ve had a couple of lessons and now maybe we can go about our business by simply voting for the best person for the job disregarding sex or color but that, my friends, is perhaps an imagination gone askew and based on idealism rather than reality because after all, identity politics is very much alive and doing well.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It is my opinion (and we all know what that's worth), that if Donald Trump didn't have such an ego and abrasive personality he'd have won much more handily by delivering more of the popular vote. Personally I detest him and his stupid tweets, but I appreciate that he is delivering on campaign promises. Male or female, I appreciate a leader who conducts themselves in a "presidential manner" and not like some 8th grade bully.

Frank Sanoica and Bob Kirk like this.
  5. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll go for that GOP woman team. Thinking about a 40some yr friend of mine who is a Repub and we've been best of friends. She's smart and we think a lot alike and she's voted for the other party last two times. So she has a lot of saving graces. We are friends and I've sat down with her for years.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

33DF7806-E645-4251-AAE6-620B2146FABF.jpeg

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'd put Candace on top of that ticket, lol.