Let's Play " What's My Problem? "

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Beth Gallagher, Sep 5, 2024.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Betty, I take metoprolol but I don't notice any blurry vision. My vision seems to be getting worse but I think it's my cataracts growing. You should definitely discuss the blurred vision with your doctor.

Don Alaska, Betty Jones and Tony Page like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Registered

This was my PCP's response to the "marble" in my x-ray... "What your pointing to on the xray are the sesamoid bones. This is normal to see on the xray of the foot. This is not what is causing the mis-alignment. Changes in the toe most likely can be due to arthritic changes within the foot. Calcifications can develop and they are typically secondary to arthritic changes."

Is it wrong that I focused on her misuse of "your" versus "you're" instead of her explanation? :D:D

Also, the increase in my BP meds has apparently worked well and my numbers are back in the "what's normal for me" range. I'm also tolerating the statin so far. So yay.

3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I take metoprolol also, I failed a heart stress test about 10 years ago, the told me I need, I forgot what it's called it a test where they go through you veins to look for plague. I refuse told him just give something for strong palpitations I was having. My blood test show high cholesterol, plus I was way over weight. I lost weight, made a concoction of vitamins and herbs pills. In 3 months I went back my blood test were normal, and I passed the stress test. The doctor look amazed asked how did you do this? I told him it was just luck. I still take the metoprolol from that time just a lower dose, I break a 25mg tablet in half.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2024
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Nope. I swear 95% of adults act as though they've never read a friggin' book in their lives.

5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Last Sunday I woke up dizzy and unbalanced. I knew immediately it was from the side effects of the Flomax I had been taken for the past 3 days. As long as I was sitting I was okay once I got up the movement seem to trigger that unbalance feeling. It lasted for a few hours so I made the decision not to take the pill that night I looked online and they said if you should forget to take a pill, just continue the next day with your regular schedule. I've been taking them since last Monday without any side effects. Flomax is one of the recommended prescriptions for helping you pass the kidney stone.So far it hasn't worked I've been taking apple cider pills, and drinks with citrus acid, these are supposed to help break the stone up.
    I had an x-ray taking about 10 days ago and it showed that the stone was gone from where it was located on a prior CAT Scan. It was not visible on the X-ray, I'm assuming maybe it's in the bladder. I'll find out more when I see the doctor on Wednesday.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  6. John Brunner

Sorry the Flomax is giving you issues. All it does is relax the prostate so the stone can get past it easier. It's meant to help guys pee easier if their prostate is swollen.

I'm glad the stone is moving. The kidney x-ray will also show anything in the bladder as well...it gets the entire region. Does your doctor take x-rays in his office? Maybe he'll take one on the spot.

7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

He doesn't take x-rays.I have to go to a radiologist.
    I'm sure I'll feel it when it passes.I'm told it it can be uncomfortable and painful.
    I remember my mother having a kidney stone, They broke it up with some kind of a machine where she was placed in water and bombarded with a sound wave. I'm thinking I'm going to a movie theater and standing in front of the subwoofer.Maybe that will work.:p

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

I've passed my share of them. There is no greater joy in life than when it's gone.

Tony Page likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I am still having issues with my blood pressure. It is significantly higher than I'm used to seeing and it is scaring me. My doctor has increased my medication, but I have been reading that cancer treatment (chemo and radiation) can cause a heart/blood pressure problems years after treatment.

I had Doxorubicin chemo (the "red devil), and this is what the Mayo Clinic says... "About one in 10 people develop heart problems from doxorubicin within a few days of receiving it. About one in four people will experience an irregular or rapid heartbeat or swelling in the heart which will go away. In some cases, people can develop heart problems a few months or up to 20 years after getting doxorubicin." :(

Today I sent a message to my oncologist, asking if there is a cardiologist at MDA that I can see. I would like to see a doctor who is familiar with cancer treatment and the effects on the heart. Hopefully I will hear back from him within a couple of days.

To top off the good news, I have a new gout flare in my foot. GAH. :confused: Seems like I can't catch a break lately.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  10. John Brunner

How in the heck does something take 20 years for a side effect to manifest itself?????

This "It's never really gone" crap has got to stop.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Beats me. The possible side effects of radiation are twice as scary. I guess when you roast a person's cells from the inside out there's bound to be some unpleasantness.

John Brunner and Tony Page like this.
  12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth,
    Sorry to hear about your problems, My wife as you know had similar treatments that you had, and is having similar problems with rapid heart beat, today she felt ill didn't even want to eat dinner. This is probably the third time She's felt like this in the last three weeks. She has an appointment with her heart doctor in about 2 weeks we'll see what he says.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm sorry to hear that, Tony. Have y'all checked her blood pressure? I was having rapid heart rate until I started metoprolol and exercising.

14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I know she takes Blood Pressure pills. Not sure what they are, though, I'll have to check with her. Her blood pressure tonight was in the normal range.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A sign of a limited education:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

John Brunner and Tony Page like this.