Life In Our Assisted Living After Taking The Vaccine

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

You are right, Thomas, but for the monthly payments, we are not receiving the services we should and our Director does nothing about it. Right now, to contact the Corporate President would also fall on deaf ears during this crisis as it is extant in all these facilities.

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

My Assisted Living facility has been pretty well shut down to visitors and family this month. Other than staff, I have not had face to face contact with anyone in over a month except for scheduled doctor appointments. Do I feel isolated? You betcha I do but I'll deal with it. My laptop, I Phone & Captioned TV helps.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't have a "staff," but I have only seen my husband face-to-face in nearly 4 months. I guess we still like each other since we're both unharmed. :D He does what little running around must be done, like to check on his mother, the post office, etc., so he gets a break from me every few days. I haven't felt isolated at all.

4. Lon Tanner

Registered

By staff I am referring to the worker that cleans my apartment, server that brings meals, LVN that takes my temp & bp etc.

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yes, and I don't have any of those.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We've had our "isolation" as well. No eating at restaurants and only some shopping at either Walmart or Safeway. No swim time in our complex pool either. Big events, except a 4th of July Fireworks Display (watching inside vehicles only), have been cancelled. No fairs, parades or one of Colorado and Wyoming favorites.......pro-rodeo, have all been cancelled. So, basically the only entertainment we will have is boating on local lake.

Old saying that goes with this..........BaaaaaaaaaaHumbug!!!

7. Lon Tanner

Registered

Social Activities are nil and residents still apartment bound. They give us a daily 10 page Bulliten with puzzles. games and trivia to give us something to do. I still spend my time watching movies, reading, computer, I Phone DAILY.jpg

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Seems that AL residents are the same as everyone else on the planet. We are all living under the same restrictions these days for the most part. No one has to "entertain" me; I've been handling that myself for years now.

Lois Winters likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oddball

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Good job on the scramble.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  11. Lon Tanner

Registered

Although we eat alone at a table for four, we all wear our masks until we are ready to eat.

LON MASK.jpg LON MASK.jpg

12. Lon Tanner

Registered

Meals are now being chosen for us and delivered to our apartments VIRUS.jpg in styrafoam containers.

13. Lon Tanner

Registered

We have now had several residents test positive for COVD-19 and are under isolation but stable. Meals are being chosen for us and brought to our apartments as we self isolate. I am awaiting my meal and not really expecting great presentation

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm sorry to hear that, Lon.

Do you know anything of those residents' conditions?
    Did they present symptoms that required testing, or were they symptom-free when routine tests were administered?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sorry to read about that Lon. You guys were in isolation for so long already with no problems it seemed other than some cabin fever.
    That said, in another thread, I was surprised when you wrote that you hadn’t been tested. I’m thinking that someone will be knocking on your door shortly with swabs in hand.

If I may ask, what kind of air conditioning system does the facility incorporate between the residents rooms? If every suite has its own independent unit like a window unit or something similar, there may be less worries as opposed to community type systems.

One other thing if I may. I thought that they were bringing you guys plated food but if they are using styrofoam, make sure they are separating your steak or whatever from the styrofoam with some parchment paper. I’m sure that someone in the kitchen has already thought of that but just in case they haven’t.
    After all is said and done, it wouldn’t do to have you folks getting sick from contaminated food.

Yvonne Smith likes this.