Longing Strongly, Again

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Frank Sanoica, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Thomas Stearn

A long list, Thomas! Have to think awhile, it's so long.......

I can't dance, never could, as a high-schooler, that was a detriment to socializing. It was laughingly said I would probably wind up marrying my car!

I can't pray. But am certain I CAN prey.

I can't understand many things about people and society.

I can't accept society's widespread losses of freedoms of many types. During the past few years in Myanmar, for example, the Buddhist-led regime of rulers has killed, murdered, thousands of Rohingya Muslims, and purged over 850,000 from the country, many into Bangladesh, whose own poverty makes for deplorable existence for the refugees.

Human beings have always gravitated toward freedom. Germans did, following WW-I, when their noses had been smeared in it over and over, then sought freedom again following WW-II. Unfortunately, the German People have seemingly always, historically, accepted "rules" to excess. A co-worker friend born and raised there told me: "Difference between Germany and America: here, sign says, "Please stay off grass". There, "Walking on grass is Forbidden!" "

I can't swim.

I can't stand "bossiness" or over-burdening personalities.

Frank

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  2. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

That's OK, Holly...that's OK!

No, I'm still frustrated at not achieving success, but this is the way I believe it works:

1: Go to the Video you want to import.

2: Click on some things.

3: Go to the Senior Forum and create a Post for receiving the Video.

4: Click on some things.

My problem is the things I should click on aren't there, or are in the wrong place on the page.

duh!
    Hal

3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Holly Saunders @Hal Pollner

Are we serious here? If so, not knowing how the instruction was done, I do this for videos:

with the video playing, RIGHT click. If copyable, the list will display an option of "Copy Video URL": Left click it.

In our forum, go to the place (post) where the video is desired. LEFT click the icon 2 places right of the smiley icon, "Media". A window will open asking for the Media URL. Depress "ctrl and v" simultaneously, then LEFT click EMBED.

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

And ME, don’t forget me, Holly !
    I have tried several times, and even posted screen shots of what it should look like. You would think that anyone who could operate an expensive computer-controlled telescope, would be able to copy and paste a link onto the forum, but I guess that all of our explanations are just not working for poor Hal.
    Hopefully, you will be able to explain it for him, @Frank Sanoica !

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

oh yes, sorrrrry Yvonne, yes of course you ....my sentiments exactly with regard to computer controlled telescope, not to mention the myriad of musical instruments.....small children can copy and paste... but sometimes it's the most obvious or simplest things that get people in a tizz!!

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ken Anderson and Frank Sanoica like this.
  8. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Don Alaska
    Wonderful effort! I'd consider it if Wasilla is near Anchorage; cold is no longer tolerated by my old bones!
    Frank

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Wasilla is north of Anchorage about 60 miles. There is a transportation museum there that has all kinds of interesting stuff. You would have to come in the summer--it was 78 F. today. If you contacted the guys heading up the effort, they could fill you in on the particulars.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks, Frank, for this insight. Makes you more human :D . My list would be embarrassingly long. Yet people are well-advised to focus on what they are good at and that's what you have been doing. :)

As a stereotype there's something in what you are saying about the Germans. And you wrote "seemingly" and that's the point. Talking about "accepting rules", the phrase "Please stay off grass" may not sound like a rule to some(.) Germans but like a recommendation which you can either follow or not. "Walking on grass is Forbidden!" sounds more like a rule that seems imperative and is likely to be underpinned by a respective law. Ironically, if the Germans were so law-abiding, the phrase "Please stay off grass" might do. One could argue, because they are not, they (sometimes) need to be addressed more directly and bluntly.
    Okay, I'm aware that this is OT and will stop it. I just wanted to pick up on your post. Hope you don't mind my tongue-in-cheek remarks.