Look At This Ken

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Kate Ellery, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

@Kate Ellery

Both of those are forum-related (actually server-related.) There are still occasional issues where the page won't load properly or that Resources message will appear. You gotta Refresh the browser (maybe more than once) o get the page to load properly.

Could just be a coincidence that it happens in Games, or maybe the massive number of Pages in each thread has something to do with it.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  3. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This has also happened to me a few times again today.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  4. Krystal Shay

Registered

I am still having trouble where the page doesn't load properly, and I also get the resource message. I seem to have to refresh a lot and most of the time it still doesn't load properly. Also, when I try to log in, I get an error message saying, 'the website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Try again later"

It has been hit and miss, if I am able to log in or get the pages to load right. As I am typing this, the log in error popped up.o_O

Janine Coral and John Brunner like this.
  5. John Brunner

It's been bad for me today, too. In fact, when I tried to open this thread to reply to your comment, I got a "Resources Are Low" message and I had to refresh the page.

I don't have Log In issues because I do not log out, except for when I close my browser before going to bed. (A "Resources Are Limited" message just popped up.)

Janine Coral likes this.
  6. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am having some hold ups with the Resources Are Low etc just today actually.
    Page not loading, or when it does, looks strange, website unavailable..

ANYWAY, this was the third time today I tried to log in and this time no issues.

Also, I am getting more in the habit of refreshing my page, and will continue
    now with that..

7. Krystal Shay

Registered

I'm still getting the "resource limit is reached" message and so forth. :(

8. John Brunner

More data for the hosting services:

I'm starting to get "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later" messages in the middle of a session when I try to load a new page. It takes a few minutes before I can get on the site again.

I'm also starting to see a delay in Notification Emails when a comment is made on a Watched Thread (I've experienced this before.) There was a Comment made today at 10:00AM, and I replied at 12:15PM. At 2:30PM I received an Email Notification of the 10:00AM Comment. (There's usually some delay such that if the User reads the Comment, then no Notification is sent. But that's no longer than maybe 15 minutes, if I had to guess.)

Just another data point...

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We were not able to be on the forum for several hours today because we got a screen that showed the forum, and then just said it was unavailable because of server error.
    I started to let people know when it was not seeming to come back up again, but then it did come back up. I looked on the facebook page and Ken had not posted anything there. We can respond to his messages, but no one else can start a message on that page.

10. John Brunner

Just as a point of information: Email Notifications are instantaneous. When the comment is posted, the email is sent...at least, the notification I just received was instantaneous.

I was wrong about the delay.