Louisiana

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Joan Kuper, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, I think that he has maybe forgotten that he almost got himself temporarily banned for his satire about himself that looked like he was slamming someone else on the forum a while back, and no one could tell who he was attacking in the thread.
    And @Patsy Faye is absolutely correct; @Frank Sanoica is a great guy, writes interesting posts, and is well liked by everyone here, and missed when he is not on the forum.
    Frank was one of the early members of the forum, so we know how to read his self-satire, but new people have no clue that he is only poking fun at himself.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Isn't Google Maps the bomb? I've looked at places I've lived, including my childhood home. I was saddened by the state of disrepair and thought my mother would be devastated that all her flowers and gardens are gone now.

Joan Kuper and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joan Kuper

You took it to heart; my intent, however, was to be facetious. Everyone knows the Polish people are brunt of stupid jokes based I think on stereotyping. Some of Europe's most beautiful architecture is to be found in Poland, built by Poles. Sorry if you "took it the wrong way".

Frank

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

So right - took me a while when I first joined, but the past 4 years I have the gist of Frank
    (I wonder if his ears are burning :p)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Joan Kuper

Joan Kuper Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Frank ...No need to apologize. It was a surprise to come across as I was reading the messages... and I was hoping it was some sort of joke...thanks for clearing it up. Several members vouched for you and that speaks well of you :)

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My understanding was that it was started as part of a propaganda campaign by the Nazi government, leading up to Germany's invasion of Poland.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.