Low Carb: What Are We Eating?

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Steve North, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Steve. Sounds like you have figured out what works for you which is great. I'm not dieting but I have to work to maintain my weight by walking and portion control. If I need to drop a few pounds, I simply cut calories. I believe in "everything in moderation."

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Today supper will be a tuna casserole... Well, actually it will be a vegetable casserole with some tuna in it as I use a ton of veggies in the casserole...
    I love those one dish meals.. Simple to make and easy to serve.. Also easy for the clean-up after...
    I put the casserole on the table and it is "help yourself" to it...

Breakfast will be the usual...
    3 egg omelette with turkey bacon for my wife..
    3 scrambled eggs for me..
    Pot of Folgers coffee..

No lunch as we will be eating our breakfast around noon or maybe later.. supper will be around 7:00pm or so...
    We get up late every day unless we have an appointment.. Usually not much before 11:00am or in most cases, even later than that..
    We don't go to bed much before 2:00am or even 3:00am or even later than that...

3. Steve North

Registered

Supper tonight will be a casserole..
    B/S chicken breast cubed and cooked with a ton of veggies..
    Vegetable stock, herbs and spices added..

Love those one dish meals....

Breakfast:
    3 egg omelette with turkey bacon for my wife
    3 scrambled eggs with sliced mushroom for me..
    Pot of Folgers..

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve, how 'bout post your meatloaf recipe?

I read that one of the things that causes people to have problems to begin with is loss of salt. When you get into ketosis, your body expels lots of water. The salt goes out with the water. The solution is to replace some of the salt. The writer that I read said that he drank chicken or beef bouillon. I think he said that he mixed it with water. The only side effect that I experienced was a feeling of tiredness for a week or so. Even that was not so bad. Now I have more energy that before.

5. Steve North

Registered

Supper tonight was that casserole I made...
    it was sooo good that we both pigged out and ate the whole thing... No leftovers....
    Dessert was (at the last moment) a bowl of frozen blueberries, splenda, and heavy cream over the frozen berries.. Let sit for a while and you have blueberry ice cream.... The frozen berries actually freeze up the cream......

6. Shirley Martin

Registered

For breakfast, I cooked four slices of bacon, beat two eggs with 1 tsp.heavy cream and added two slices of real cheese , then scrambled them. I sautéed some fresh spinach with a small bit of onion. It comes out to be about ½ cup. I have tried frozen spinach but, to me, the fresh tastes much better. I share with Miki except for the spinach. She can't have that because it gives her diarrhea.

I can't eat when I first get up so I guess this would be brunch. About 3 or 4 o'clock, I drink a cup of kefir with ¼ or ½ cup of blueberries.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Steve North

Registered

Shirley..
    Sounds like a perfect meal... A pot of Folgers to go with it just rounds everything out...

8. Steve North

Registered

supper tonight (Wednesday) was my minced chicken burgers on the BBQ..
    I made some time ago a huge pile of burgers using minced chicken.. Added herbs and spices and made them about 1/4 pounds each if not bigger.. I froze them..
    Now, whenever I want, I take a few frozen burgers and put them on the BBQ frozen....
    When I say burgers, I mean the meat only as we don't have any buns or bread....
    I also threw on the BBQ each a turkey banger (sausage) that were store bought but they don't have any filler...
    Steamed broccoli with a buttery garlic sauce over it and some sesame seeds ....
    Frozen black cherries with heavy cream and some splenda for dessert.. Let the cherries freeze the cream... Cherry ice-cream...

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Do you still count your carbs, @Steve North , and if so, how many do you allow yourself on maintainence ?

10. Steve North

Registered

Yvonne.....
    No ..... I don't count carbs any more but I still watch what I eat... I would guesstimate that I consume about 40 to 45 carbs a day and not much more.. I do eat fruit galore, heavy cream with it, vegetables galore except potatoes and corn, and I still drink my water daily...
    Remember, I still today try as much as possible, to stay away from the 5 forbidden foods....Sometimes one manages to sneak in but generally I try not to let them into my life...

I have come way too far at this point not to keep up the weight loss..
    THERE IS NO WAY I WANT TO GO BACK TO WEIGHING 357 POUNDS AGAIN..... !!!!!!!!!

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Steve North

Registered

Tonight for supper I will be making .................. HOK ......
    For those that don't know what .... HOK is............... HEAVEN ONLY KNOWS ..
    In other words, I have NO idea what I will be cooking... I will open up the freezer and see what appeals to me that we haven't had lately...

Breakfast will be the usual..
    3 egg omelette with turkey bacon for my wife....... and ...;
    3 scrambled eggs for me..

12. Shirley Martin

Registered

For brunch, I had ½ deboned chicken breast, including skin, sprinkled with seasoned salt and grilled in 1 tbsp. butter. A cup of turnip salad left over from supper last night, sprinkled with pepper vinegar. Three cups of coffee with cream and sweetener. Food Lion has fresh pineapple on sale at $1.50 each so I bought one of them. I'm having some for afternoon snack.

For supper, a huge, tender, juicy T-bone steak cooked on the charcoal grill. I may have a small salad or I may have a small potato boiled in the shuck. I'll probably have some steak left over for breakfast in the morning.

13. Steve North

Registered

Shirley.... other than the small potato, you are doing great....
    Can you in the future find something else other than a potato ???

Well, my …….. HOK ..……… became a stir fry in the wok...
    B/S chicken breast cubed and marinated for a few hours..
    Onions, broccoli, red sweet pepper, and mushrooms will be the veggies..
    Vegetable stock as the liquid..

I love those one dish meals....

14. Shirley Martin

Registered

Steve, I have lost the weight that I wanted to lose. Now I'm just trying not to let it find it's way back. :D Nothing goes as well with a steak as a potato. I won't eat them every day but I will eat them now and then. I'm worth it. :p

15. Steve North

Registered

you are absolutely correct and ... ENJOY it...