Low Carb: What Are We Eating?

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Steve North, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Gloria...
    FRESH... FRESH... FRESH ...
    That's what we like in our main meals.... Reheated, recooked, or rejuvenated just doesn't go with us.. I made it, we ate it, that's all..
    Also different.. Completely different meals every time... I don't make chicken breast every time, I try to vary the main ingredient...
    When I say every meal, I mean supper only.. No worry about breakfast and we usually don't eat lunch.. Supper is our main meal..

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh I like fresh to! And I also try make supper different everyday;)

3. Steve North

Registered

Tonight will most likely be fish for supper... We eat fish at least 3 times a week if not more.. Frozen fillets of something is the usual and then canned salmon or tuna..
    I like making casseroles with the fish or breading the fillets and pan frying them.. Salmon or tuna patties as well..
    Butternut squash goes well with fish.. Steamed, smashed with butter and herbs..
    some sort of dessert is always appreciated..
    Pot of tea always goes well after a main meal..

I don't know what kind of fish yet or how I will cook it, but I will get back on here and post it...
    Same with the dessert...

4. Steve North

Registered

supper was AWSOME !!!! ...... Fish and butternut squash is always a pleasant meal..

Now for supper tomorrow (Tuesday) I am looking at putting some chicken drums in the slow cooker with some BBQ sauce,,
    perhaps half BBQ sauce and half stock not to make the sauce too spicy.. I have packages of 5 drums and that should be enough for the 2 of us.. I will make a base of sliced onions first and put the drums on top..
    I will make some sort of veggie as well.. That I will decide a the last minute.. Steamed broccoli would go well with that..

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I had a left over chicken breast tonight, so I fried some bacon, sliced and warmed the chicken breast, added mushrooms, green olives (sliced) and 4 eggs (beaten). It was amazingly good.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I am thinking shrimp tonight.....:D

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I made some veggie soup yesterday, with the chicken we had leftover added in, and today, I had a bowl of the veggie soup and a large salad for my meal.
    I have gotten out of the habit of logging in all my food on either MyFitness Pal or Carb Manager, and I need to start doing that again, so that I know exactly how many calories and how many carbs I have with my food.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I have been using .My Net Diary.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Humana fitness program that gives me points for food and exercise does not sync with my Carb Manager app, which is the one that i prefer, because it does a super-good job of helping me track carbs, and it is so easy to use.
    Humana 365GO does sync with My Fitness Pal, which I do not much like at all, and it basically only shows me calories and not carbs; but if I want my Humana points (which will give me Amazon gift cards), then I have to use the ones that the Humana program will allow.
    I have not heard of the My Net Diary one, so I don’t think that Humana allows that either. Does it track the calories and the carbs both, or just carbs, @Gloria Mitchell ?

10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Brunch was 1 ½ deviled eggs made with 1 tsp Duke mayo and sugar free sweet pickles. Duke mayo has 0 carbs. Spinach & a little bit of onion sautéed in 1 Tbsp. butter. Miki got the other ½ egg. Snack was ¾ cup kefir and ½ cup blueberries. Steve, I have been thawing the blueberries and mashing them before I added them to the kefir. I saw that you use them still frozen so I just washed them and stirred them into the kefir. You're right, it's almost like eating ice cream. The frozen berries thickened the kefir so that I ate it with a spoon. Yummy! Supper: grilled chicken breast, snaps and rutabaga. As much as I want.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Both..and protein cholesterol...etc. App on Google Play

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Steve North

Registered

Supper last night was just perfect..
    Now, how do I continue on this trend of good meals for another few days ??
    Well, for tonight it will be once again....... HOK ..........
    I know that breakfast will be the usual of our omelettes and scrambled eggs..
    Lunch will be the usual of NOTHING as we eat breakfast late..

13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Shirley--do you make your own kefir?

14. Steve North

Registered

OK...…….
    My HOK has suddenly become a spaghetti and homemade pasta sauce...
    I have a spaghetti squash that is looking me in the face, so I decided to take out of the freezer a package of minced chicken and make my sauce.. We don't like our sauce spicy, but flavourful is a must.. Herbs and spices will go in the sauce, but no cayenne or red pepper flakes..
    I will bake the squash about one hour before supper time and I will start the sauce early on in the afternoon to give it time to simmer and get thick..
    Now, after that kind of meal, a dessert would go well..
    I think some frozen blueberries with Splenda and heavy cream, making blueberry ice-cream would be soothing..
    Tell me that a pot of tea wouldn't round out the meal..

15. Steve North

Registered

Here we go again............. I have NO idea what I will be making for supper tonight..
    I was thinking of a vegetable casserole with some tuna in it, but I am only thinking about it....... Not sure...