Massage Therapy

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a Massage Therapist come to my apartment with her portable table & equipment. I will get a 90 minute Full Body Swedish Massage for $80.00 USD. Massage helps alleviate some of the symptoms of my Lymphoma, RA & PN.

2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Good to do Lon, glad you can. Maybe I'll spring for a home massage now and then, as I can't get to the clinics as I have for so much of my life. I use to say in my massage years: If Everyone Got A Message, and More Women Ruled the World, We'd Have So Much More Peace.

Last night Pharmacist Ben whom I mention above, said we have it all wrong in our health insurance world, insurance should pay for supplements and massage and then sick insurance would not be what it is today. We can dream.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  3. Lon Tanner

Registered

Brandi just left my apartment after giving me a one hour full body massage and it got me thinking about other places in this world that I have enjoyed massage and Thailand came to mind. I went to Thailand after their last big Tsunami that destroyed so much of Phuket. They were hurting for tourists and the prices came down dramatically.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Registered

Brandi just left my apartment after finishing my massage and my old body is feeling so much better. I will sleep well tonight. I look forward to these massages and booked again with her for December 20th.

5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Are you offered this at your facility? Lucky you.

6. Lon Tanner

Registered

No Lois---They have a Massage Therapy Room here and a therapist that works three days a week. She is terrible even though she only charges $60 per hour. I pay the same price and have a super massage in my apartment.

Lois Winters likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Must need a lot of work. Generally, a (Swedish) massage therapist will only.take around 45 to 60 minutes to get the job done but it does go longer if there’s a lot of work to be accomplished.

8. Lon Tanner

Registered

My massages are not about GETTING THE JOB DONE, It's about PLEASURE, & 90 minutes is pure pleasure. BTW--she combines Shiatsu & Reflexology.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Okay, we’ll split the difference. For YOU it’s pleasure but for her, she has to know what she’s doing and it’s her JOB to do it right. One wrong move and a massage therapist can thoroughly mess up a person’s day...night...week or on the opposite end, make someone’s day extra special.
    I knew a lady who was going to school for massage therapy and she temporarily paralyzed a guy on her second day of hands on.

We have a couple of good therapists at the wellness center where we both workout. They get $45 for 45 minutes but some of the clients have an insured prescription for the therapy which can take up to 90 minutes or even 2 hours per session.

Shiatsu and reflexology. Great combination!

10. Lon Tanner

Registered

Brandi will bring her portable Massage Table and equipment for my 90 minute massage and reflexology treatment.

D'Ellyn Dottir likes this.
  11. Lon Tanner

Registered

12. Susan Paynter

Susan Paynter Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Lon Tanner

Are you scared to go in to the massage parlour after the shooting?
    Or, are you privileged, because of where you live!

13. Lon Tanner

Registered

No I am not scared, but why should I go to a Massage Parlor when my Therapist has a Mobile Practice and brings her portable massage table and supplies, besides, I have no transportation.

Susan Paynter likes this.
  14. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Ninety minutes? Eesh . .

I don't like massages unless they're from someone I'm going to have a "good time" with, eventually. I tried therapeutic massage, twice, and hated them, both times.

I want to clarify that I have never gone to "stroke parlors." What I meant, in the above, is that if someone is kneading my flesh, they best be needing my flesh as a followup. I can't take being touched and rubbed on by a stranger.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Lon Tanner

Registered

That's unfortunate.