Media's Bias And Bed Fellows

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have the radio on all night while we're sleeping. Anyhow, the station that we listen to in our sleep broadcasts ABC News in the morning, about the time that I am waking up, and it drives me nuts. Ever since this election campaign began, I don't think the ABC News poll has shown Trump ahead even once, or if it has they don't mention it. Although it's supposed to be a news show, it is little more than Democrat spin and commentary. Everything Trump says is "fact checked" to his disadvantage, while there was no fact checking whatsoever on any of the women who accused him of stuff.

This morning, they said that the last twelve polls have shown Trump falling farther and farther behind Hillary. Of course, they rarely actually name the polls that they are talking about, and they consistently ignore any that show him ahead, and there have been polls showing him ahead. ABC scrapped one of their own polls because they said the sample wasn't representative, when the more likely reason is that it didn't yield the results they wanted.

The sad thing is that ABC isn't even the worst of the media, and it's hard to point to a media outlet that's much better. Even when they do mention anything that might reflect poorly on the Hillary Clinton campaign, they spend a few minutes on it, mostly trying to spin it, while they spend the rest of their news time on any allegations against Trump, however crazy. Hillary is never fact checked, while everything Trump says is questioned.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Ike Willis and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Also instead of focusing on the issues, what the campaign should be about...the media is looking for any dirt
    They can find on Trump. I'm a woman and and if some man touched my leg or breast or kissed me 30 years ago, I'd have forgotten about it by now because it didn't bother me that much at the time or I would have said and done something then.

I'm starting to see more and more support for Trump now than what I saw before. Seems to me that
    Some of their attacks may be backfiring.

I also think they are misjudging who is supporting Trump. It's not a slam dunk for Hillary, think she's
    Listening to all the media BS and polls and is resting and taking it easy now.....good!

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

When you go on the media and say the Democrats are offering money for anything bad about Trump. When they offer money everyone that thinks their story might be believed even if not true will come out. If they offer enough money they could find lots of people who witness Trump flying around the capital on a broom stick. When you start offering money the truth disappears

4. Ken Anderson

Maine television station WMTW-TV reported on its Facebook page:

Donald J. Trump wins the Maine Student Mock Election, beating Hillary Clinton by just 2.8 percent

mainestateelection.jpg

They are referring to a statewide mock election conducted by the state, and reported on the official state web site.

I find a few things interesting about this. First, that in what is a traditionally heavily Democrat state, Donald Trump would win a high school student election. So far, no polls have shown Trump winning Maine, although several have shown him winning our 2nd District.

A couple of other things have to do with media bias, however.
    1. They felt the need to add the word "just" in order to minimize Trump's victory over Clinton.
    2. Although Trump came in first, they chose to picture Hillary first, while other candidates are listed according to how well they did. Note, that it's not alphabetical.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

It's also interesting that the same poll also polled high school students on Maine's referendum questions, and the only one that lost was the referendum to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's funny because I discussed this with my grandson last time I was there an he is against legalizing too.

Talked to my son yesterday and he's for it! He's never barely smoked pot but when they were in aspen last year with some friends they bought a joint for $20 and smoked it all weekend,,,said they just thought everything was funnier. He said its helped Colorado and there haven't been any negatives.

He also said that when he went to the dispensary the guy there laughed at his drivers license.

I didn't get it and neither did he at first but I realized it later my son's birthdate is 4-20! Haha.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

The Daily Commercial, a Florida newspaper, published an open letter to its readers apologizing for its biased coverage of the presidential campaign. To be clear, it's not an endorsement of Trump, but an acknowledgement of media bias.

Full article: Daily Commercial

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

WOW! I like that! Honesty!!

9. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I went to a stream on the CNN and you can see how interested people are in CNN

LIVE CNN news live Stream CNN LIVE CNN news

36 likes 64 dislikes 184 people watching

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

11. Martin Alonzo

Registered

12. Ken Anderson

The problem is that a large percentage of the population think that the media has an obligation to work against evil candidates like Trump. Another problem is that, for the most part, the media as a whole gets the blame, and people forget who did what. I don't know why anyone listens to these people, but we don't have a neutral alternative.

13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

We are all seeing that they are all for sale. The media. Justice department all showing us that they don’t have honesty in their platform only money.
    The average American has the memory and attention span of a nat.

14. Ken Anderson

Source: The Hill, which has also been biased

15. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Ken Anderson likes this.