Melania Trump's Copycat Speech

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Arlene Richards, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have never written anything that I have submitted for publication but I have written a lot for my own websites and have contributed content for client websites, and I can tell you that even though I know full well that I wrote every line of an article, I run it through Copyscape and sometimes find that someone else has already used many of the same lines in the same order. Although I make every effort to research for facts rather than wording, it seems that the wording sometimes sticks in my mind and comes out as my own. Still, a professional speechwriter in a presidential campaign should have proofed the speech ahead of time, but that's not Melania Trump's fault.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm hearing that Michele Obama copied Saul Alinsky in her speech for the DNC in 2008. Haven't found a good site yet to prove it. iPad is going a little haywire today.

I'm not saying this is true yet because I can't confirm it. I'm looking for neutral sites.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Bobby Cole and Denise Evans like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Some author once said that all the stories have already been told, and there's only so many ways that you can tell them.

4. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

It was sloppy staff work. Some heads should roll.

5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't troll looking for smut to bring in and post, to a crowd I know favors a certain candidate, to sling it Arlene. I leave that to those well suited for that kind of post.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Excellent Ken, nothing to add, thanks for a post well said;) Oh, there was a writing somewhere this a.m. that said no one was fired over it. I think you are dead-on about the cliches, but I can't help but be curious about who actually knew those words were in MO's speech (I mean, and then, added them to Melania's).

Joe Riley likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Wouldn't surprise me Chrissy;) Good research by the way;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I caught the news at CNN last night before I went to sleep. The video of Mrs. Trump was played and then Mrs. Obama's. The 2 sentences about family and values are truly identical and cannot be considered a coincidence. I think that speech is a sabotage, a deliberate plagiarism to embarrass the speaker. If I were Trump, I would have to admit the mistake (of copying) and attribute the "crime" to the speech writer so at least Mrs. Trump would be freed of her liability. But as I gathered, Mrs. Trump had already defended her speech so the damage cannot be erased anymore.

By the way, in that same news report, what followed was the video clips of the GOP convention where there seemed to be a free-for-all in bashing Hillary Clinton. It looked so negative to me because I had expected the party to praise their candidate but instead they were talking of the candidate of the opposing party.

9. Denise Evans

Registered

I believe both Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama have proven themselves to be threats to America, as much a threat as any terrorist group. I'm surprised this country hasn't rose up and flung them both out of the country. I think it's an abomination what they have gotten away with. I believe we are at war in this country, and the worst is yet to come.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I will say one negative thing about Melania...I did not like the sleeves of her dress at all.

I did read that she was wearing a dress by a designer in Slovenia. The price was almost $3,000 which really isn't a lot considering how much money she has. It may sound like a lot but it's not. I've seen dresses for $1,500-$2,000
    at Nordstroms.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Let's see now. In the order of importance where shall we place this small faux pas?

Let's put it right up there in front of National Security! No....not that.
    Let's try tying it in with our men in blue being assassinated by a hate group! Nope...not there.
    Okay then, how about confronting ISIS and wiping them off of the face of the earth? Uh, not enough oomph for that.
    The economy? Tax reform? The national debt? Religious freedom? Racial bias? Joblessness? Our Vets? The military's ability to fight?

Gosh, now that my brain is filled with all of those very important topics it's hard to even think about what Melania even said last night. Oh yeah.....what she did NOT say was what I truly do remember Michelle saying: "I have never been proud to be an American". (she furthered that with "until now" but that was when her husband was running for president.)
    Ya think Melania will copy that? Naw......Melania earned her right to become and American. Michele didn't have to.

13. Denise Evans

Registered

I gotta give that a big AMEN Bobby!! I'd like to frame that one;) I went in and cried for awhile because I was so frustrated that people would actually tear Melania to pieces like that, but in my heart I knew the truth, I just didn't know how to put it into words like you just did:) God bless you and Yvonne! God bless the Trumps, and most of all, God bless America:)

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Life is strange at times. Within 10 minutes after I posted the thing about Michele not being proud of being an American in one of her "campaign" speeches, I looked on my Facebook page and what do ya know?!!
    Breitbart and Sarah Palin had both remembered the same thing as I or did they maybe...........

I think they plagiarized my post!! Off with their heads!!! Where's the guillotine?!!

( Amen to the God Blesses and may He continue to do so, and for you too DH.)

15. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole
    @Denise Happyfeet

Hmm.
    Well, not sure it falls under the heading of something worth crying about or on the same level as National Security, but (shrug) to each his/her own.:rolleyes:

If the subject is so distressing, why keep reading and posting? Meh... Never mind.

So people aren't supposed to report about or discuss things that YOU don't think are important or worth talking about. Better to sweep things under the rug.

Yeah.

Riiiight.

:rolleyes:

Gotta take something off the stove before it boils over. Yeah, yeah, I know. That's Obama and Hillary's fault.