Melania Trump's Copycat Speech

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Arlene Richards, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL Bobby, they are probably lurking here snagging the good stuff;) Maybe we betta get the posts copyrighted;)

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno.....did you ask either one of them to watch your pot? Or perhaps they gave you the recipe which one of them called for boiling instead of broiling? Sweep under a rug? Sounds like a recipe born for disaster when the "in case of" calls for a rug and a broom. Tossing it out the back door is much cleaner and safer IMHO.

Joe Riley and Denise Evans like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I think it's a question of motives. Am I posting to helpfully supply information, or am I hoping to cause dissension? That's a good question to ask myself.

And because I'm distressed at someone being in a car accident, doesn't mean I would just drive by and not help them. I know why I come here and post, and I can tell everyone here that I come here to enjoy conversations with others. I don't come here to try and cause trouble or be mean to others, no matter what their beliefs are.

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

We all get to say what's on our heart. Our words are a reflection of what's happening in our heart.;)

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Lest we forget the main reason why Joe Biden dropped out of the 1988 presidential race: He copied the UK labor leader Neil Kinnocks 5 page speech nearly word for word.
    Hmmmm.....now Joe is the Vice President and has been for 7 1/2 years? It obviously didn't hurt Biden much in the long run but let us put things into it's proper perspective.
    Even if Melania had PERSONALLY prepared her own speech and knew every word of it was copied, she isn't running for any political position within the U.S. government.
    Joe Biden was running for the presidency which now tells you a lot about the type of person Obama wanted as his VP.

6. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I never said otherwise, gird your own loins. Post #21. If you have me on ignore, don't make general statements.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

As a matter of fact, it was sort of a gimme after all the hubbub. A couple of sentences in an 1800 word speech isn't too condemning but there is still the question: If Meredith wrote the speech, how does that implicate Melania in this dastardly deed? I'm sure that MM didn't lean over and whisper in M. Trump's ear and tell her that a few words were ripped off of the female part of the present residents in the White House who, in just 5 more months have to vacate said home.

I haven't tried it yet but a guy on the radio this morning said he also put those sentences into a search program and came up with something out of "My Little Pony.". Just sayin'.

Ken Anderson and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

My goodness @Chrissy Page, did someone plagiarize part of your post? tsk tsk.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

How about this one from Obama, ? This is now making the rounds on Faacebook.

12. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

it was the writer's fault and she apologized. case closed

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

the left wing media has given this more attention than Hillary's email scandal

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Also, we might as well do a deep cleanse. Melania didn't finish college. I knew that before it started making the rounds. She's also posed nude...so what. She was single and a model.

While that may be more of a big deal here, believe me in Europe they're less prudish about the human body than we are here.

I saw so many topless women when living in Hungary. It's pretty normal there.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I still love the results of last night's speech from Donald Jr. The media almost immediately came out and said that part of his speech was plagiarized from another speech by William F. Buckley. Problem with that is that when Buckley heard about it he tweeted that it was okay because he was Donald Jr's speech writer and merely inserted something he liked from one of his own speeches.
    Almost like sharks coming to dinner but left their false teeth in the glass. Hilarious!!!