Miscellaneous Bantering

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Hal Pollner, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Shhhhhhh …….my iPad is behaving still …it froze ….turned blue … twice yesterday but so far so good today …..

Mary Stetler likes this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Help me!!!! I can't seem to stop! Is there a TA?
    (Temu Annonymous)

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m determined to not spend another $$$ on TEMU:eek::eek: this they have a $40.00 minimum spend on our accounts and I don’t want to be forced to spend $40 if I want a couple of small items

@Mary Stetler

Yvonne Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Registered

Well with all the rain, one of my sump pumps burned out and my beautiful basement flooded. Went down around 10:00pm and baled/bailed until about 1 with a shop vac and a bucket. The shop vac cord was too short but I guess that was to keep it out of water on the floor.
    I tell ya, I still got it! although I (or my back) thought of giving up a few times. I found that when you use a cane for a long time, you build up one side of your back differently than the other.
    Hubby is not good in an emergency but he tried. He used to do simple plumbing and we had a spare sump pump from the last burn out. But he just could not get it put together. He said the parts did not fit and of course the pvc was glued together but I think his poor hands did not have the strength any more.
    I finally looked around for emergency plumbers.
    Ya know, when they say open 24 hrs, it does not mean they LIKE to be open at midnight. The first I called, I knew his mother and he said they were steam fitters now and only did commercial stuff. I think it has something to do with licenses but come on!
    He gave me the name of another who he said is a nice guy and would come. This guy really was nice. He said he was still up because he was exercising his dogs that had been somewhat neglected lately and he came out from another town about 40 minutes away. He did the job. I apologized for the time. He did note that I didn't have to wait so long the next time.o_O
    Hauling stuff across the floor is probably more fun than hauling up the stairs to get ruined stuff outside. Will see. hope not too much dry wall is affected.
    Preppers should not store too much stuff in cardboard boxes on the floor. Will have to get pallets so this will not happen again. Sure am glad it did not get to my toilet paper corner.:confused:

5. Mary Stetler

Registered

Apparently, Justice Alito is flying a January 6 flag at his beach house. I get mail from all sides and have been asked to sign a petition to get him to recuse himself because this is so unseemly (my word). I say, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. It was unseemly for the Senators to wave Ukranian flags on the Senate floor. They have not stepped down on anything.
    Fingers crossed.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Kate, I will NOT buy on Temu, and they continue to BUG ME to....I don't know what you buy there but I bought a couple clothing things on Ebay, they are easier to deal with and for goodnexs sake I NEED just about nothing in the way of clothes.....

7. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Note: This isn't a rant.

I have been trying to sign in to Netflix on a smart tv through my blu-ray player for two weeks now. I haven't been on it since my venture with the raccoons began could be longer but at least a year. I've reset both tv and player to factory settings, YouTubed, Google, and online Netflix support/help so I finally made the call to Netflix and found out that the blu-ray player is outdated :eek: and recommended to get a streaming device.

I have to give Sony, a favorite brand for me, their props for their quality in electronics. The most that I expected in the demise of this blu-ray player was for it to not work at all and never thought that it would become outdated. I still watch movies on it and it still operates like I just purchased it when I turn it on.

I wonder if Sony has a update download.

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  8. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I hope my day is rant free. For a change! :)

9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't like when I find a grammatical error after proofreading. Correction: I wonder if Sony has a update download. should be 'an update.'

10. Mary Stetler

Registered

Well, today I saw a momma turkey with maybe 18 chicks strolling through my yard. I thought at first I was infested with chipmunks, I didn't see the mom at first and those tiny little babies were brown and gold striped and spotted. One seemed to be injured and I thought about going to get it as it struggled through our longish grass but was not sure the mom might not object and I am not that fast to deal with a flapping mom.
    Some years we have huge flocks of turkeys. They look like mini buffalo on hillsides while grazing.
    I didn't realize they could actually fly when I first moved here. But they do. They go crashing through the trees sometimes like dragons.:eek:

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Let's get back to the bantering. :)

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Registered

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The drain pipe on the upstairs bathroom sink broke for some reason. Can't figure out why, so we decided to replace the sink and all the "trimmings, as we have been pondering that for a couple years; this was the motivator. I got the sink purchased and rigged, but when I went to install it, the new faucet didn't fit under the medicine cabinet. It is a monster of a thing--3 sections and wall mounted with giant inserts into the wall. That cabinet had to be moved up 2 1/2 inches to clear the faucet properly. It ended up being a major job that was far more troublesome than the sink install. Another issue was the plumbing. When the house was built in 1977, I guess the wife of the builder was left-handed so he plumbed everything backward. The doors and switches are also mounted for a left-handed person but we have gotten used to that. I knew the shower was backward, but I didn't realize the rough-in under the sink is also backward--cold on the left, hot on the right--because the owners before us had fixed that by crossing the supply lines under the sink. Well, the new sink was a little higher than the old, so I changed the supplies, but when I did, the sink drain and the supply lines tangle a bit. I still haven't figured how I am going to address that.

14. Shirley Martin

Registered

15. Mary Stetler

Registered

My farm house has an electrical lay out that electricians have turned down fixing. We need post it notes on all the switches to tell what they control and I warn all the new renters. There is a yard light that I still don't remember how to turn on.:cool:
    In hubby's house, the electric is a work of art. But the plumbing is a pain in the bum.

Don Alaska likes this.