Mother Nature's Medicines

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Silvia Benoit, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

Yerba mate has the strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate, all in a single drink. Grows in South America's rainforest...is natural, full of anti-oxidants and people say it "washes away" wrinkles. I don't know if the last is true but just in case I drink it since I was a kid....Well, everybody does down there.
    You can google this one.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I bought some of that in teabags, @Silvia Benoit , and I have tried drinking it, made the same was as I make my tea. How do you make yours and how often do you drink it ? It tasted similar to tea to me, and I didn’t taste chocolate at all.

3. Silvia Benoit

Registered

You can drink it as tea or in a curd. No, it doesn't contain chocolate BUT it gives you a jump as does choco.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Silvia Benoit

Registered

I hoper you didn't pay more than U4S 3,99 for a box of 20 units.

5. Silvia Benoit

Registered

These are the curds; you bring your own "bombilla" Please, somebody rights up the pic before the drinks gets to the floor. Thanks
    20210101_183426.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2021
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You can use the edit button and repost it right side up, @Silvia Benoit .

7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I have been into searching for a healthy living for years. The cost of buying everything all the health nuts want you to buy. So being a cheap skate I look for the easy way. First I buy a capsule maker and make my own medicine from antioxidants finding the ORAC score of different things then putting them in capsules like you can put different spices turmeric, or cloves which has one of the highest ORAC score. Then go out in the yard picking leaves from the moringa tree drying them grinding and putting in capsules. Also for arthritis getting pure gelatin in capsules. Than off to the veterinarian to buy my pain killer and minerals. I found DMSO is one of the best topical pain killers I have found it will also transport antibiotics into infected areas.
    Then I buy the minerals for animals the price for a bag is about $4 and it has almost everything people need even two different selenium. I don’t know how much those minerals would cost in the health food stores but it would be quite a bit. I still love my inventions like the PEMF unit which helps many ailments
    9acf4b93-0f99-4392-9117-03c82076f6d4.jpg bf4b8c67-b921-4a62-b954-f0024f43093e.jpg a5a59d83-2314-4ee5-aca8-a521dece9bf6.jpg

Jeff Elohim and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Silvia Benoit

Registered

NexT time.:)

9. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hurray ! re "anti-inflammatory" (helps innumerable people)

10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

QUOTE="Martin Alonzo, post: 480532, member: 62"]I have been into searching for a healthy living for years. The cost of buying everything all the health nuts want you to buy. So being a cheap skate I look for the easy way. First I buy a capsule maker and make my own medicine from antioxidants finding the ORAC score of different things then putting them in capsules like you can put different spices turmeric, or cloves which has one of the highest ORAC score. Then go out in the yard picking leaves from the moringa tree drying them grinding and putting in capsules. Also for arthritis getting pure gelatin in capsules. Than off to the veterinarian to buy my pain killer and minerals. I found DMSO is one of the best topical pain killers I have found it will also transport antibiotics into infected areas.
    Then I buy the minerals for animals the price for a bag is about $4 and it has almost everything people need even two different selenium. I don’t know how much those minerals would cost in the health food stores but it would be quite a bit. I still love my inventions like the PEMF unit which helps many ailments
    View attachment 43161 [​IMG][​IMG] View attachment 43162 View attachment 43163 [/QUOTE
    ==================================

What if people need 'English' vitamins and not metric ones ?

:)

11. Silvia Benoit

Registered

The five doctors in my family always told us: "" Before you talk to e physician check your kitchen's cabinets; most of the meds you need are among the spices you buy.......Needless to say a good nutritious meal keeps the doc away"" .

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  12. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Grandpa and Grandma too, used to know what to do for most ailments, or just to prevent most ailments from ever happening too.

Fast (0.03 seconds) Search Produced Good? Results >

Food Is Your Best Medicine: The Pioneering Nutrition ..
    amazon dot com/Food-Your-Best-Medicine-Pioneering/dp/0345351835
    Food Is Your Best Medicine features a fascinating interpretation of how the body functions to maintain good health and addresses all kinds of ailments with specific nutritional approaches. Zucchini and other vegetables, simple broths, nourishing whole grains—all so much better for you than drugs, and they really work!

Sometimes Food Is The Best Medicine - Forbes
    forbes dot com/sites/sachinjain/2019/04/07/sometimes-food-is-the-best-medicine/
    Apr 7, 2019Yet food — and more specifically, nutrition — is a powerful determinant of health, and that's why ensuring our patients eat healthfully is the responsibility and obligation of everyone aspiring to...

Why Food Could Be the Best Medicine of All | Time
    time dot com/longform/food-best-medicine/
    The power of food as medicine gained scientific credibility in 2002, when the U.S. government released results of a study that pitted a diet and exercise program against a drug treatment for Type ...

13. Silvia Benoit

Registered

When I asked one of my cousin (youngest doc) why they didn't tell their patients to "cure themselves with food" he told me "Because the government forbade us from "informing" the people."

14. Silvia Benoit

Registered

I have mild psoriasis on my elbows.......and I cure it with turmeric ($ 5,00) and the results last over a year.

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  15. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Great News! In some other countries, they have known and done that for thousands of years.

footnote for other research: it is well established, (apparently), that skin troubles of most kind (including cancer) start in the gut. When the gut is made whole/ healthy/ healed, the troubles go away. Verified or verifiable by testing not done by ama doctors.