My Daughter Died Today

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Magalina Lilis

Magalina Lilis Veteran Member
    Registered

Sending condolences to you and your families loss of such a beautiful women (her picture is lovely). I am glad to hear how respectful the military has been during this difficult period of burying your step-daughter. I am certain through all your grief, everyone has also found joy in celebrating her life that ended much too early (with such young children)! We will light a candle at Mass this week in honor of your daughter and thanks for her service to our country.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

3. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

I feel your pain Ken......

Life throws us some pretty hard punches........God be with you and your family.

[​IMG]

Diane Lane and Ken Anderson like this.
  4. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I grieve with you and family, Ken. I will be thinking of you with prayers and remembrance of our young people in the army, such as your good daughter.

Peace and comfort for your wife and you in this time of sorrow.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Our prayers have been with your wife and you Ken. Sorry it took so long for me to offer my personal condolances but when military personnel pass away I am always lacking the ability to substantially comment.

When I came back from Vietnam, the Army with all of it's genius, could not figure out what to do with me. My 201 file had on record that I was in a drum and bugle corps before joining the military and that I played soprano bugle.
    So, they outfitted me with a trumpet and assigned me to an honor guard.

I played taps nearly 35 times, for nearly 35 of our heros and each time a little bit of my heart was buried with each soldier. I swore that I would never play taps again after the last time in 1970.
    I do think though, that at least in my mind, I will play it one more time in Warrant Officer Dunbar's honor.

There are three vollies of 7 shots, then silence for a moment, and then....................taps.

It was an honor for me, to play it one, last, time!

6. Eilynne Medalla

Eilynne Medalla Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Ken,

My prayers are for you and your wife and for the eternal repose of your daughter! I hope things have settled down a bit and a semblance of normalcy in your life now. God's comforting presence is with you in these trying times! To you and your wife, take good care!

Ken Anderson likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Tomorrow morning, we begin the last chapter, as Tania will be buried at Arlington on Monday. We will be leaving here for the drive to Virginia tomorrow morning, spending one night along the way. After the burial, we'll be staying for a few days near Washington, D.C. to see some of the museums and stuff, as well as a White House tour that was arranged through our senator's office. I didn't vote for him but we've had dinner with him a few times while he (Angus King) was governor of Maine.

Of course, I'll have my computer, so I'll be here probably every day, although not all day as I generally am.

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I wish and pray for blessings of lots of meaningful ( enjoyable) time there for you and family. Will you take photos and share? Only if you want to ☺.

9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Go with God.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

At least you know that there, she will be watched over, and cared for, Ken. I'm sure this is a difficult time, but thankfully, you have one another for comfort. It was nice that he arranged for the tour, and made me laugh that although y'all have had dinner together, you still didn't vote for him. I'll say a prayer for peace for your wife and you, and will be lighting some candles later, one for Tania.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Very sad to hear of your step-daughter's passing. Wish your wife a speedy get well and Christ cure her of everything and Guardian Angle please help you and your family forever. Amen. Take care and God help you and yours, amen.

12. Ken Anderson

[​IMG]
    Our grandson, Elijah (12), and his sister, Michelle (8), at Arlington National Cemetery.

13. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

You have such beautiful grandchildren, and I hope you get to be part of their future. Children that loose a parent need for their extended relatives to help them build pictures of a time that will fade very fast for them. Even if you live far away, online memory making can work. It can help you as well as the children. May your pain be shortened by the memories that grow.

Avigail David likes this.
  14. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Such sweet faces. Their mother was very special on so many levels.

15. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

Hello Ken. I would like to express my condolences to you and your family. I cannot think of anything worse than outliving one of your children. You and your family are in my prayers. I know Yvonne and how she worries about Robin. Thankfully, she can stay in touch with her. It would be so much easier if she knew when her precious daughter will be home.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.