My Heart Back In Atrial Fibrillation Today

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Billie Lane

Billie Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Stay well and take it easy.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Well done Yvonne :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm so happy to hear things are like they should be for you @Yvonne Smith and I'm praying they will stay that way for you. :)

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne, sending you good vibes for healing. Hopefully the wait time will not be as long as expected for the next step.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I had A FIb for 24 years until I had a Pulmonary Vein Ablation by Dr> Andrea Natale who pioneered this particular procedure. ( Google him) All During those years I always knew when the A Fib kicked in and when it ceased. I had been Cardio Converted electrically on many occasions and had taken a number of prescribed meds by different Cardiologists to prevent AFib I would usually self convert to normal sinus rhythm during those 34 years within 12 to 24 hours of onset without any meds.
    A Fib is a condition that not all CARDIOLOGISTS are adept at treating effectively. I participated with a online AFIB Only support group during those 24 years and learned much, in fact, it's what caused me to seek out Dr. Natale for my ABLATION.
    I also learned that not all CARDIOLOGISTS are also ELECTROPHYSIOLOGISTS or adept at ABLATION PROCEDURES.

Good luck to you Yvonne, I truly know what you are going through.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had the ablation procedure in 2014, and then was able to stop the meds for a-fib. Everything was fine until last fall, when it suddenly went out of rhythm again.
    Apparently, the heart can make the wrong pathways over again, and then a person requires a touch-up procedure , which is what they will be doing this summer. Dr Taberoux is an electrophysiologist, and he specializes in these procedures. He is not so famous as the doctor who did your heart procedure, but he should be able to help get my heart working right again, and hopefully, this time, it will stay there .
    They told me that usually if it holds for over a year, it won't go back out into a-fib; but mine did for some reason. It might have been that bad fall I had in October-November, because it was after that when I started having a-fib episodes again.
    Thank you for the caring words, @Lon Tanner ! !

7. Debby McLoud

Debby McLoud Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hey Yvonne, maybe this would work for your low thyroid/iodine issue. Why don't you try taking a kelp pill at the same time that you take your thyroid meds. I take Synthroid and a kelp pill at the same time and so far, my blood tests have been good every year. Maybe a tablet like that would give you a lower but still useful dose of iodine and especially if you're taking it at the same time as your meds.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

In the morning, I will be going into the hospital for another ablation procedure for my heart. The amioderone has been keeping it in rhythm; but it is bad for my liver and kidneys, and not something that I should be on long term; so hopefully, this time the procedure will hold and I won't have to have this done again, and can be off the amioderone in a few months.
    They are only scraping the inside of the heart this time, so they don't have to go on through my chest, just up the vein from my groin. I should be coming back home again sometime on Saturday , assuming there are no complications.
    Bobby and Robin will be there at the hospital with me, and Bobby should be able to keep you updated on how the procedure goes.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith
    My gosh, hang in there, and best wishes for good outcome.
    Frank

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

[​IMG]YVONNE xx
    Many good wishes :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I will be praying,Yvonne & Bobby!;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Thank you everyone ! Robin is on her way over, I have my little backpack ready to go, and we are headed for the hospital. I even got a message from my son, Tony, wishing me well. He has been posting some of his trail rides into the mountains with his new motorcycle, and I have been enjoying going on the rides vicariously, so he told me that I can watch some more of them while I recuperate !
    Here is the last one he posted, and there is some beautiful scenery if anyone wants to watch. The camera is mounted on his helmet, so it is almost like riding along with him on the motorcycle.

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

That was a narrow path to travel, I thought there would be some obstacles along the way
    Good idea to do the dialogue afterwards
    Will be thinking of you :) x

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

You're in my thoughts @Yvonne Smith! Praying everything goes smoothly.