My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

OMG..hold the boat..I just went to Amazon to get the notice to copy to post here..which says there's no subscribe and save in the UK, and blow me down, they've now implemented it!! :eek: that must have happened very recently.! Wonder why we never got a notice telling us.!

Now I have to work out how it all works!!o_O

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Jeff Bezos was probably reading this thread, and realized you were upset about it.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

When you are going to order something, if it can be added to the subscribe and save, there will be two prices shown. The higher price is for a one-time order, and the lower price is if you want to do the S&S option.
    Not everything can be on the S&S, but most things that you would buy repeats of (such as vitamins or other foods) should give you the option. When you choose the S&S, then you can decide how often you want it sent out, and if you have more than one item on this choice, then it will send them all out together.

Holly Saunders and Bess Barber like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, and you can edit your subscriptions at any time, too... or "skip" a month for some of your subscribed items. I tend to get a backlog of paper towels and toilet paper, so lots of times I skip a month.

One annoyance to me was that there is an automatic setting that selects payment method, so if that matters be sure to check which method when setting up the order. I had some gift cards I was hoarding and I typically want all my Amazon orders to go on the Amazon Visa (to get the 5% rewards). I didn't know that they use gift card balances FIRST and then other payment methods, so I was PO'd when my gift card got used for toilet paper. :mad::rolleyes:

Holly Saunders and Bess Barber like this.
  5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I never do the subscribe and save. I'm always happy when I have an excuse to shop around on Amazon. I don't like the WalMart site as much, but the $35 minimum for 2 day free shipping is a good deal as well.

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I like Walmart online, too. In fact, I have started comparison shopping the two sites. Last week I ordered some Biolage shampoo from Walmart; it was $18 for a 32 oz bottle. The same bottle was $28 at Amazon!

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

You can do that with Sam’s as well. (If you’re a member obviously)
    We bought a package of “Barlean’s” Chia, Coconut and Flax seed for $13 at Sam’s and when Yvonne looked at Amazon to compare, it was $23.

8. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

AllSpice Wooden Spice Rack, Includes 60 4oz Jars- White

Finally conceded that a spice rack would work better than trying to sort thru a large variety of bottles that had to be lifted to read the label. Had to remove the under cabinet can opener to be able to mount it where it was easily accessible. Funny how little things can make her happy.

Took longer to put the spice labels on the lid then align them alphabetically than it did to mount the rack on the wall.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Actually, you can order from Sam's and Costco online without a membership. There is a small surcharge but it's nominal and worth it. We let both memberships lapse because we seldom buy in bulk anymore and don't like to drive across crazy Houston to get to the stores, but I can still order k-cups and what have you by paying a couple of bucks for the privilege. The value is still excellent even with that.

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

This afternoon around 1pm , I ordered a new Battery online for my Toshiba laptop, at 7pm the battery was delivered to my door.. (does it get quicker than that)?.. by 7.10pm the new battery was in my laptop, and with a 3/4 charge in it took just a few minutes to fully charge and already the laptop is up and running after only the slightest hiatus!!

This evening , I ordered some new dustbags for my Mielle Vac cleaner... , they'll be here in the morning !!

Bess Barber and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out. Also, YES, Walmart has most items cheaper than Amazon. I don't like their site navigation as much, but it gets the job done.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Today I ordered some new bed linens.. some Retinol A serum, a book downloaded to my kindle and Ipad... 2 goose feather pillows... and an IQ Charging pad for my iphone!!...oooh and a particular type of battery for my bedside clock...

13. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Books. I am a bookaholic.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I love shopping in brick-and-mortar bookstores, particularly when they still had independent bookstores. For quite a while now, though, when I find something in a bookstore that I want, I'll jot down the ISBN and buy it from Amazon, since it's usually way cheaper that way. Since the Borders store was replaced by a Books-a-Million in the Bangor Mall, I seldom stop anymore, though. Borders had a nice local section, which I would sometimes make purchases from, but Books-a-Million doesn't have anything unique. I prefer real books to e-books but I do buy a lot of books for Kindle.

Holly Saunders and Lois Winters like this.
  15. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I was saddened when Borders went out. Loved their stores.

Frank Sanoica likes this.