My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks.. just ordered a pair .. I hope they will be comfy as you say.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I ordered a Roku device on sale instead of contacting Sony about upgrading the blu-ray player. It came Friday. I like that I can hook it up to any TV.

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I love mine, although I rolled over on it when I was sleeping once and screwed it up. It told me what to do, none of which was I going to and I didn't keep the instructions:rolleyes: So I tossed it aside for a few days After reloading the batteries. It started right back up.
    Kind of like when my phone tells me all the stuff I need to load. When I don't, after a substantial amount of time, it loads everything for me even though I didn't want it to.
    Now that I think about it, technology is kind of like the IRS. They know exactly what we owe. They give us insane instructions which they could just do for us. But I am probably not going to let them since if I wait long enough, they will add all sorts of penalties and interest to it.:confused:
    Probably should have put this under miscellaneous ramblings?

Von Jones, Nancy Hart and Tony Page like this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Question when you order from amazon- does it tell you who is shipping and how? The shoes I ordered that @Tony Nathanson liked- were due between 13 and 19th for delivery. At 8:12 am today got noticed package was at carriers was delivered today at 9:41 ? o_O Short version called post office here and they were delivered there. Why? I even checked my shipping address and it was correct. Any clues? @Tony Nathanson - so far these shoes are great !

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sometimes, what happens is Amazon ships things with UPS, or other delivery, then it gets handed over to the mailman and the USPS actually delivers our package. If you have mail delivery, they might bring your shoes when they bring your mail, @Hedi Mitchell . If you pick up your mail at the post office, then they will keep the shoes there for you.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Occasionally, shipping screwups happen. Not often in my experience. Probably new hires that are inexperienced.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

The issue of microplastics is beginning to gnaw at me, so I ordered a glass water bottle to use rather than [plastic] bottled water.

Also ordered some supplements, sweat headbands and a visor for working outside.

Tony Page likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes; just go to your Returns/Orders list, find the order, and click on Tracking. Many times items listed on Amazon are not sold by Amazon but a 3rd party vendor. Tracking info should be available regardless of seller.

9. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Electric Pedicure tools, toe socks, and a quarter size baking sheet pan for roasting veggies. The Mr. added a new spinning reel and some kind of fishing jigs to my order.

Yvonne Smith and Tony Page like this.
  10. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

A couple of weeks ago I found a tote with three of these dolls for $5.00. I added them to the prize tub when I play games with my granddaughters where the winner gets first pick. Unfortunately, I knew that one of the four wouldn't get one which ended up being the youngest. So I found one on Ebay that same week new for $8.00 plus shipping. Before the game started I said there is a special prize and you will know it when you see it and she got her an Avastar too. Later that afternoon she came to me and asked if I found it at the flea market and I whispered 'I bought that one just for you because I wanted you to have one too.' Her eyes lit up and she said 'Thank you, Grandma.'

[​IMG]

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

:):):):):)

Von Jones likes this.
  12. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's so easy to spend money online. Just "click".

I had my eye on a pair of sneakers on Walmart's website. I ordered from them before so they had all my info already so all I had to do was "click".

I don't need another computer but I was curious about Chromebooks, so I looked for an el cheapo refurbished one for $34 from Walmart's website again and gave it the old "click" and we'll see how that turns out.

13. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I just bought some Apple Airpods so I can listen to podcasts or music, while I go for a walk. I wanted to eliminate the earbuds on that dangly string.:D