1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I ordered a “cooling blanket “ and pillowcases from Amazon. I had never even heard of such a thing before, but they were on special sale for almost half price, plus the 20% discount , so I thought I would try it.
    They arrived yesterday, and the blanket is really thin and maybe a loose kind of weave, but not like those summer blankets we used to have that had a really loose weave.
    It was made from bamboo, and feels kind of slick, but not like satin sheets do. And it does either let cool air in, or wicks body heat out (I think that is what it said it does), and we definitely slept cooler last night; so I think it was a good blanket for summer. I had a very lightweight summer bedspread on the bed, and I took that off, so we just had the sheets and the cooling blanket.

The pillow case definitely was cooler than the regular pillow cases we have been using, which always seem to feel warm against my head very soon, even when I keep turning the pillow over. This one did not do that, but was still soft against my face.

IMG_6869.jpeg

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I put an order into amazon today for mini chainsaw. At our age, it's getting more difficultalk to use The large pruning shears on 2 or 3 inch limbs, Hopefully this will make life a little easier.
    For this offer you get a lot for the price.I couldn't tell you the quality because I don't know the company, So for me it's a gamble I'll take others were 2 or 3 times the cost of
    $39.99

upload_2024-8-9_12-30-48.png

3. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Update on our organic cotton latex mattress. I don’t think I have ever slept so well in a long time! Or maybe I was just exhausted, who knows. :p:D Nevertheless, is comfortable and cozy and I have been sleeping better. I was afraid the latex would be too hot, too stinky, too soft, too firm, TOO something. It was none of those things. We are very happy with it. The customer service is good also. We got ours from Sleepez. If you like, you can read about the type of latex they use and the 3 different layers of latex that you can adjust to the type firmness you like, and much more information.

https://sleepez.com/product/organic-latex-mattress/

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I think the 6" one I have is currently $79. That's a good deal. There's no way to research these things. I went to the website that the customer service email is on for my saw, and the guy lists a lot of electric garden tools for sale, but not the chain saw.

I've used the heck out of mine and really love it. It goes through some thick stuff. You need to manually oil the chain, so I bought a cheap ketchup squeeze bottle and put some bar oil in it.

Tony Page likes this.
  5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

In the past i've purchased a lot of my Electric garden tools from SunJoe. They were out of stock on this one.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I ordered tent spikes off Ebay at a great price, also a feather stencil from Rustic Rehab at a great clearance price.

Hedi Mitchell and John Brunner like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

8. Krystal Shay

Registered

I bought a new fireplace tool set to sit on the hearth of my fireplace. It is a medieval knight holding the tools. I thought it was whimsical.:D

Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
  9. John Brunner

Pics? I may be interested for my wood stove.

I was in Williamsburg VA years ago at one of the shops and almost bought a life-sized knight in a suit of armor, but it would not fit in my car.

10. Krystal Shay

Registered

I think it would look great by a woodstove. There are pictures of it setting by different types of fireplaces from reviewers on Wayfair and Amazon.

The tool set comes in black, bronze, or silver with either 3 or 5 tools. It weighs almost 20 pounds. In my family room, I have a corner brick fireplace from ceiling to floor with a nice hearth. We will see how it looks when it arrives. I hope I like it. I am tired of the old standard fireplace tools.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073VCTJG9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.wayfair.com/home-improv...s-includes-shovel-broom-poker-w004032067.html

John Brunner and Tony Page like this.
  11. John Brunner

I have a pair of these on the opposite wall:

Gargoyle.jpg

I think they need a friend.

Krystal Shay and Tony Page like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Apple Air Tag for my car key fob.

Yvonne Smith and Tony Page like this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

A shower stool in case hubby admits he needs one. And more vitamins/supplements.

Yvonne Smith and Tony Page like this.
  14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

They're worth it. I can choose to eat junk food or to eat healthy, but their only choices are the ones I put in front of them.

Mary Stetler and Tony Page like this.