My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I wish we had one near us...the outlet that is..not the skechers shop, because they are more expensive

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll have to check it out. And you are right about comfort too...you have to try them on, not all are comfy but when you find one that is...it really is the BEST.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I was younger, I used to buy name brand shoes but lately, I've been buying the cheap ones at Walmart or Penney's. They're okay but they don't last long at all.

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

My Costco Sketchers lasted a long time but they were getting worn and dirty looking, they were a light grey and on one I even had 2 bleach spots. I did throw them in the washing machine but it didn't help.

My daughter said they were embarrassing so she made sure I got new ones when I was there at Thanksgiving.

I didn't throw out the old ones like she asked me to though...figure they're good to put on when I go out to pick up dog poop in the back yard. :)

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Registered

I've heard you can't put the goga mat skechers in the washer because of the memory inner sole... not tried it yet, because mine never get really dirty except for the soles and I just wash them down with a cloth...

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Those didn't have the memory foam but thanks for the warning...but I doubt these will get dirty ...both are dark.

The ones I just bought do have it so I won't be washing them in the washer.

It was years before I put the old ones in anyway.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Okay, I have a pair of Skechers. They seem comfortable enough. As for longevity, this is my first day with them so I don't know.

Chrissy Cross and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

The last week or 2 we've got quite a few things online.. but the very last thing I ordered and am still waiting for are 2 new tea trays!!... We've had the same ones for years, and now I want a change.. so I've bought these...

[​IMG]

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I bought another pair while at my daughter’s. Costco had them for $25!

10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I too have a pair (2 actually) of Skechers, but I buy them locally as I like to try shoes on before purchase. I have athletic-style and one pair of dressier type Skechers. I can only wear them when the weather isn't bad, but the athletic-style are great. The others aren't rugged enough for a lot of uses, but they do okay in really fair weather if I don't have to be on my feet a lot.

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

I bought these... both arrived today...

[​IMG]
    A water resistant watch /dress watch, not very expensive but it looks pretty. .. I'll wear it when I go abroad next month and be able to wear it in the evening too , and not get my best watches ruined by forgetting to take them off before swimming....

I also bought a new RFID credit card wallet...

[​IMG]

I bought a new bedside rug, which should have arrived on Friday but there's no sign of it yet....

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Bobby and I order online from Amazon at least once a week, if not more. We get most of our vitamins and supplements from Amazon, and a lot of just household small items, unless it is something we need to make the trip to Walmart to get.
    The other day, I ordered one of those garden kneelers that is a gardening seat turned one way, and the other way up, it is cushioned so you can kneel on it, and use the side handles to help get back up.
    I have gotten to where it is hard for me to get up when I get down on the ground , and usually do most of my gardening activity either sitting on a little plastic step stool, or just standing and bending over, and then it is hard to breathe; so I am hoping that this will work for me.
    F3B0E295-B3EF-4766-8AD6-65E0193A35F3.jpeg

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Bought a pair of men's slippers online and the arrived fine. Thing is, I said "thanks" to the UPS driver and he didn't even look at me. I did say it loud enough. Just goes to prove that this city isn't very friendly as some folks have told us.

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Maybe he just need more encouragement from you , @Cody Fousnaugh . Bobby and our UPS driver are almost great buddies now, and he honks when he gets here with our Amazon order, and then he and Bobby always chat.
    You know the old saying , that people are usually about as friendly as we are to them, and for the most part, I have found that to be true.
    The dog that wags its tail gets more pets than the growls one does.

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yes we get something from Amazon or other online retailers probably a couple of times a month... sometimes a few in one week..yesterday I got a new book... the previous day hubs got a new piece of kit for his car...

We're on first name terms with our Amazon delivery driver... not so much with the other drivers because they're transient, but our Amazon driver has been the same one for a while!!