My Sister In-law Has Died

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Hannah Davis, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

This is news that I received at the end of last week that really stunned me. My older brother out of the blue called us early one morning to tell us that his wife had died. This came out of nowhere at us. We knew she had health issues but he always seem to be in worse health then she was, so we always thought he would go first. Anyway, this is also the first death of this generation in our family. Now that we are all older it will not doubt be the first in a long line I am sorry to say.

I didn't know her as well I could have but what I did know was that she did love my brother a great deal. She was also someone he could rely on. Both my parents liked her a great deal and went to their final rest happy that my brother had found someone who was so good to him. Now she is gone as well and it no doubt is something that still hasn't completely sunk in to my brother.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear this.....

image.jpg

Sacheen BrightEagle likes this.
  3. Sacheen BrightEagle

Sacheen BrightEagle Veteran Member
    Registered

Hannah, my sincere condolences on the loss of your sister in law. It is so difficult to deal with the loss that comes with aging.

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is a sad thread that we have to deal with. When someone leaves us permanently there is always that unexplained sorrow that we feel when the person is not close to us. And for every death, we can take it as a reminder of our mortality, that we are here on earth on a temporary basis only so we might as well enjoy while we still live. As they say life is short. By the way, yesterday was also a sad day for my husband. His good friend who was a film director and a musical composer died of colon cancer.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am sorry for your loss, @Hannah Davis. As we grow older, everyone surrounding us is growing older, as well. We go through the first part of our lives taking it for granted that those we love will always be there, and as we grow older we find that's not the case. That knowledge doesn't make it any easier, though.

6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

My condolences also

7. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

My sympathy to you Hannah and to your husband, Cori.

8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Hannah Davis and @Corie Henson, Ken and the others said the words that are on my mind. I am starting to see that our loved ones might be gone, but I am also beginning to understand that their spirits are still with us as long as we allow. I have learned that my family is still all around me. Peace be with you.

Sacheen BrightEagle likes this.
  9. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry Hannah. I feel bad for your brother also. :( I lost my brother 4 years ago and my sister-in-law 2 years later. My brother started dating her when she and I were in High School together. I felt like I had known her all my life, and it was almost as hard losing her as it was to lose my brother. I am sending up prayers for your family.

10. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

My goodness Hannah, you suffered a double loss... I am sorry.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

May your brother be comforted by his friends and family and may God give you both
    a peace that passes all understanding in the midst of sorrow (Philippians4:7).

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I know what you mean for one day like you we got a long distance call from my Uncle that my Mother's sister has passed. She wan't in any bad health and she took good care of herself and her family. This was so out of the blue like your call was that we just were so stunned like you. We told my Uncle we'll notify family in Hawaii so he can save on the phone bill for they live in CA. It was so sad my Aunt passed so suddenly when she wasn't ill at all. Then my other Aunt passed when she just went to live with her daughter. Suddenly we read the obituary and there she was with funeral being closed. This Aunt was not sick too. They were both good to us too and we miss them so much.

13. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Krissttina Isobe, I am so sorry for your loss of two loved ones. I have learned that as long as you hold them in your heart and thoughts, you never loose them. They are only a thought away.

14. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you all for your kind words of sympathy. Yes, I know that the older we get the more our mortality comes into play. There was a time when I thought my parents had health issues and were getting old now I find that it's me along with my siblings. This is hard though because I never dreamed she would be the first one of this generation of our family but than we never know when our number is up.