My View On The Game Of Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Hal Pollner, May 26, 2018.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

There's no need to be sulky Thomas, no one is at fault here - just one of those things and like I said above
    easily rectified :)

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Since this is a sports comment category, I want to say this while I'm thinking about it, We have a new president at at OU. On his first day he fired six administrators,saying OU is top heavy. I applaud him for this. Ity is easyfor companies to get top heavy when they get to a certain six in their growth. OU is almost a billion dollars in debt. It is easier for a university to get top heavy than a company because companies have to answer for their bottomline. And according to the new president there is more reorganization to be done. That's great. But I bet he won't touch the sports department. I said all the above I guess because I also read one of OKC Thunder payers decided to stay in OKC although he's only making 34 million a year. Thjat chaps my sausage. It's insane in ours or any society. I know most say professional players and owners ought to make what they can and are capable of. I can't change anything, probably wouldn't how to do it if given the chance. But it has been a life long thorn in my craw. I just wanted to say that. You don't have to agree with me.

3. Patsy Faye

Registered

'That chaps my sausage' ?? Sorry Bill I'm lost at your post, but it will be me not you :)

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Thomas Stearn - Hi there and I apologise if I came across wrong in my post
    The heat is getting to me - big time
    The game last night with Brazil and Mexico was great :)

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Apologies, Patsy my comment wasn't about soccer but basketball and chap my sausage is a replacement phrase for one often used, similar to 'champ my donkey'. Not you, I was being evasive.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Aah I see - my elusive Pimpernel :p

7. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

@Patsy Faye
    Thanks, Patsy, for being so sensitive. I appreciate that.

Congrats on the English team that got over a kind of national trauma for the first time since 1990 by winning on penalties. :)
    Having practised shooting a penalty at the end of any training unit for a long time seems to have paid off now. I had kept my fingers crossed for them and will do so in the matches to come. The Colombians played very unfairly especially after the first goal.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Thomas, I was shocked at Columbia, terrible to watch
    I was pleased to see England get through that trauma - I wish they'd played better though but a lot was against
    them last night
    Thanks for your understanding too :)

@Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

When in high school, whenever we had games during Physical Education period, I was always the dumb, awkward player.

During a baseball game, whenever I came up to bat, the outfield would move up into the infield, because they knew if I ever got a hit (which I rarely did), it wouldn't go very far.

I would swing at the ball after it was in the catcher's mitt!

I remember one time after taking four balls, I just stood there, not knowing what to do next, then my whole team began shouting "TAKE YOUR BASE! TAKE YOUR BASE!", and then finally pushing me toward first base. I was humiliated!

During one P. E. football game, I must have done something wrong, because the P.E. teacher kept referring to me as "that dumb end".

The only thing I ever did in the P.E. period that I didn't feel stupid doing, was running. I was fine in short sprints, like the 50-yard dash.

That's it!
    Olympic Star Hal