Nancy Pelosi

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Lulu, I undoubtedly over-reacted and for that, I too apologize.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is an interesting article that I am just now reading on the website “law enforcement today”, and they actually have a petition being signed by law enforcement all over this country to remove Nancy Pelosi from office, and possibly, even try her for treason and breaking the oath of office that she took.
    When we talked about the federal workers not being paid during the shutdown, I didn’t really think much about it applying to law enforcement; but it does apply to the federal agencies, even though not our local law enforcement in each state.
    Even so, often times, local and state agencies have to call in help from the federal law enforcement; so it really does affect all law enforcement everywhere.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/remove-nancy-pelosi/

3. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe this is what Bobby Cole heard. The 2016 time frame is right.

Appearing on NBC’s Meet the Press Sunday, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer vowed that Democrats would oppose Donald Trump’s most controversial policies, but not all of the president-elect’s legislation, echoing earlier reports about Schumer and other Democrat leaders’ willingness to align themselves with some of Trump’s campaign promises. “We’re not going to oppose him just because it’s something that Trump sponsors,” Schumer said, noting that “candidate Trump voiced very progressive and populist opinions” on things like the carried-interest loophole, trade-deal reform, and infrastructure spending. He added that he hopes President Trump will “stick with them and work with us, even if it means breaking with the Republicans who have always opposed these things.”

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/11/schumer-says-he-wont-oppose-all-trumps-legislation.html

Bobby Cole and Nancy Hart like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I won’t say “no” but since I do not watch Meet The Press, it’s doubtful.
    I’ll find it if I have to go to the library of congress,.
    I’ve found some close quotes using Bing but Google came up a blank and is only referencing the wall and the shutdown for several pages. But then Google has been found to be extremely anti-Trump but that’s a whole other can of worms.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Schumer also made a speech proclaiming that we need a wall on the southern border on the floor of the Senate, too, so whatever he said on a morning "talk show" doesn't have relevance either.

6. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Notice the areas of potential agreement had to do with finance. Since then as Schumer did say "Democrats would oppose Donald Trump’s most controversial policies"

Controversial would be a wall to decrease the inflow of illegals & other activities that negatively affect the well being of Americans. Of course Nancy Pelosi is right there with Schumer.

In the grand scheme of things 5 & 1/2 billion isn't much for a wall both structural & technologocal when this is considered.

Taxpayer cost for illegal immigrants giving birth in U.S. tops $4 billion annually
    By Bethany Blankley | Watchdog.org Oct 25, 2018

A new report published by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) details the number of likely births to illegal immigrants nationally, births by state and large metropolitan areas, and the more than $4 billion cost to taxpayers.

According to CIS’ best estimate, the number of births by illegal immigrants in the U.S. accounted for 7.5 percent (297,000) of the total number of births overall per year. The estimate of 297,000 is more than total births in any state other than California and Texas. The number is also larger than the total number of births in 16 states and the District of Columbia combined, the report notes.

https://www.watchdog.org/national/t...cle_cb8ea0e2-d873-11e8-8aa0-2f45f29d051e.html

As for Pelosi's spine

Temporarily funding and back paying those unemployed doesn't really impress me.

Bobby Cole and Maggie Mae like this.
  7. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I think Pelosi is intelligent anyone who can take a $200,000 job and become a multi millionaire is very interesting also can not remember Trump is the president because she called him Bush for a long time. What is that thing in her mouth that seem to be driving her crazy.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Paul Pelosi , Jr, was charged with securities fraud, for a company that he co-founded; so the apple does not fall very far from the tree, in this case.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/17/company-co-founded-nancy-pelosis-son-charged-secur/

Her husband is also a millionaire from his businesses, and his wealth has helped to fund his wife’s career; so I don’t think that it was he astute investing of her congressional income that has given them so much wealth, although I am certain that she has probably made some money from “donations” besides her salary.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Pelosi

10. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

This woman is a miracle to me. How can anyone look that way and obviously be so physically and mentally fit in one's late 70s? How is that possible? Aren't people exhausted at that age? I'm getting on for 64 and am bushed. I can't finish a sentence without getting muddled, could never have thought of talking to more than a bunch of three people when I was younger let alone today. If so, three short sentences in a row would have been the maximum. She addresses a large number of people and is obviously able to finish her sentences. Isn't she nervous? I'd get embarrassed, blush and wouldn't get out a sentence. How can you still think and be capable of following a conversation at that age often for longer than an hour? I can't concentrate, doctors say I'm a wreck and then there are people (politicians, health insurance officials, etc.) who claim that everybody is so fit that they could work till 67 or 70. In which jobs?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Don Alaska and Nancy Hart like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

She doesn't always speak coherently, @Thomas Stearn, but you won't find those moments in the mainstream media coverage. They do a pretty good job of covering for her. I do think she is performing well for her age, however.

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I guess I have to give credit where credit is due Thomas.
    I’ll give a lot of credit to her plastic surgeon, her staff and oh yeah, her M.D.
    Beyond that she, nor any congress person, has a real “hard crush” day to day grind.
    Speaking to people takes a bit of practice just like anything else and a good Dale Carnegie’s course or a stint with the Toast Master’s will teach the techniques better than anything I know.

And, like any congressperson, she doesn’t have to do any real studying because her staff does the reading of any bills and passes the synopsis along to her as well any any legal issues that are attached to a bill.
    The majority of her speeches are written for her and all she has to do is to read them first to get the feel of them and to find any typo’s. (Which on more than a few occasions she hasn’t done because there have been some pretty big doozies in the past)

She doesn’t have to drive, she doesn’t have to shop and she doesn’t do housework because she has her hired staff to do it.

All that said, she does pose a formidable threat to any politician who is against her and seems to hold herself up pretty well in the clinches but I think that comes with a lot of practice whilst doing a lot of politikin’ and I do have to face the facts, she’s smart.

13. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Her famous words on Obama care you will have to vote on it before you read it. Is this the way the Democrats want legislation?

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

32 years Nancy Pelosi has been in office. I've searched for meaningful legislation she authored but could find none. I've found legislation she signed on as sponsor, found legislation she managed move thru to be signed into law.

If her on the job resume included legislation she authored, had co-sponsors & what ever she generated was for the good of all Americans, then signed into law I would be the 1st. to congratulate her for a long and fruitful career. But for me it seems like she is taking credit for the work others did.

15. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you mean unlike her male counterparts? o_O

Lulu Moppet and Nancy Hart like this.