Nancy Pelosi

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Thomas: "This woman is a miracle to me. How can anyone look that way and obviously be so physically and mentally fit in one's late 70s?"

Many, many years ago my father said to me to notice how Old so many working politicians were; how Old they were when they died. Of course, back then, 99% of politicians were male, and the life expectancy of men back when we were talking was approximately 65 years. Based on that, yes, I had to agree with Dad that male politicians were OLD! I asked him why did he think that & he said they were Ego Driven to such an extent that they had a tremendous Will to Live and be Powerful and maintain that Power.

I'm not too ego driven, so............maybe I could learn.

Bobby Cole and Thomas Stearn like this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Hal

+ + That!

Frank

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Did Pres. Trump really "trump" Pelosi's use of a U.S. military plane for some kind of "official trip"?

I loved that one!

Frank

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The Air Force has been complaining for years about her use of their planes for her private use. She allegedly wants to keep a plane at ready in case she decides to go somewhere. It ties up Air Force resources, and apparently she is the only one who does it, but I think she only gets away with it when she holds the gavel.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

My post mentioned “congress persons” and “congresspersons” on a couple of occasions. Rather than being totally redundant I thought it is pretty much understood that congress people in general do not have to do squat compared to any other grind position.

I’m not into the “male compared to female” thought process.
    I wash dishes, clean, do laundry, cook and even scrub the toilet bowl so the thought of which gender does what didn’t really occur to me.

6. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

He should have allowed her to leave . then cancelled the planes when she arrived at her destination ! :p

7. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sure in your heart you mean this. But I'll never believe that had you been talking about a male here, you would have included shopping and housework.

No matter how many toilets you personally have scrubbed, I just don't buy it. But that's ok. If you use a toilet bowl, you should be scrubbing it. Good man. ;)

Frank Sanoica and Lulu Moppet like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

She was taking about 93 other people with her, besides. Apparently other congressmen, staff, and family members. Apparently, there was supposed to be an assassination of the President and VP that weekend, and she would have returned home as Madam President.
    That is why she was so anxious to get away from Washington DC.

EDF44C6A-3A06-4B8B-981E-DA7B93210B67.jpeg

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

You may buy whatever you wish. I made a statement and it was extremely simple to understand but if you wish to make my post as being gender driven then that is indeed your own problem and prerogative.
    You have no idea what truly goes on in my head nor heart nor do you have any idea how invalid your statement is regarding what you believe I mean.

Now, if you would, do look again and you'll see that the thread in it's entirety is about...………….a woman and leaves no room for gender bias but if in your imagination you have a need to discredit my remarks then, so be it.

10. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

That's fine.

Bobby Cole and Lulu Moppet like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

That my dear, is just pure evil thinking......but I like it!

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Personally the only reason I think Nancy Pelosi was elected Speaker again is because she is just as loud as Trump can be...and has just as much "balls" too! :)

Oh and personally I can't stand the woman and do not think she cares one bit about America or Americans.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

51099768_2108702215887459_2224102097874321408_n.jpg

I don't know if this is real or "fake"....but it would certainly cast suspicion on why Pelosi does not want to give Trump the money for the Wall.

14. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

For the first time, Trump is finally facing critical inspection from an opposing force led by a powerful, intelligent adversary in a co-equal position as set forth in the Constitution. The fact that she is disliked and feared by the majority here in SOC attests to her success. You just wish you had on your side a woman of such high caliber representing your point of view. She's a dynamo and I embrace her with a full heart.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Fear her? I hope she runs for president. Maybe she can talk Justice Ginsburg into being her running mate.