Nancy Pelosi

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

High caliber.....Thanks for the laugh of the day. I don't fear her either.

Beth Gallagher and Chris Ladewig like this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska
    IMO, her gavel could be put to it's best possible use wielded upon her head.
    Frank

3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Ruby Begonia
    Speaking of toilet bowls now: My nephew has a Hawaiian-born, Chinese American wife who insists on using only a 5-gallon pail, did it thusly all her life in Hawaii with no running water or plumbing, claims toilets waste too much water. Plus water to scrub them: maybe she's right. Won't go into her disposal method.
    Frank

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Registered

Furthermore, the thread has become, to this "outsider", moronic.
    Frank

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Many people here in rural areas with no running water still use "honeybuckets" since it is very cold in the winter, and in many places outhouses are impractical. They "dispose" of the contents in a village-determined low area that is referred to as "Honeybucket Lake". The state is trying toget rid of all the buckets, but hasn't yet suceeded. I had friends who were homesteaders who used a family "Pee Bucket". There were parents and 6 children (3 boys and three girls). They had an outhouse, but no one wanted to use the outhouse just to pee when it was -40 outside. The bucket was kept on the porch and just brought into the cabin to use. When full, it was kept inside long enough to thaw just a little, then taken out and inverted over the garden area (Dad's job). By spring the entire garden area was covered with pee blocks which melted into the soil as the weather warmed.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but Frank's post brought it to mind.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:eek::D:D:D:rolleyes: Feared? Well...oh yeah this is Seniorsonly Forum....where EVERYONE has a right to their own opinion.

If being disliked is a measure of success....then our President Trump "trumps" Pelosi's success any day!

7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

It beggars my imagination to think an elected leader of our country could strive to push a law through our Congress which has the very real and risky possibility of further bankrupting our nation, then reply when questioned of the law's content, "We won't know what's in it until we read it"!

That instance convinced me, thoroughly and forever, with utmost finality, that our leadership has sunken irretrievably deep into a morass of decay.
    Frank

Al Amoling, Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

9. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Now, that's just nasty Frank.
    [​IMG]

Frank Sanoica and Nancy Hart like this.
  10. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

"If being disliked is a measure of success....then our President Trump "trumps" Pelosi's success any day!"
    Believe it or not, Babs, there's a whole world that isn't Alabama.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Actually, @Lulu Moppet , Babs is in Louisiana,
    It is Bobby and I who live in Alabama, although I am a misplaced Idahoan, and Bobby is also from Louisiana.

12. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Lulu Moppet
    Please understand that I personally adhere to no political party, one way or another. I disbelieve totally the pretense that one leans towards the rich, the other leans towards the non-affluent, etc. The entire "game" of running our country is tainted with every conceivable type of deceitful representation, campaign lying, vote-garnering promises, and the false instillation in the minds of the masses that their destiny is of the leaderships' most ultimate goal.

It's become hogwash. It's been proven time and time again that the memory of the public loses focus quickly when exposed to negative input. The psychology of it has been proven beyond doubt. The answer? None, of course.

Our great country has survived onslaught over the hundreds of years from both without and within, without in the form of wars, within from the expedicious whims of an unimaginable variety of charlatanry, hoodwinking, public misconception, broken promises. It survived the most disastrous Civil War ever waged; today's scrays overseas being pale in comparison.

Don't get me started......
    Frank

Beth Gallagher and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Yvonne Smith @Lulu Moppet
    This is an unnecessary correction which I feel was aimed at Lulu's "newness" here. Her intent is in general better guided that that of this post. Sorry, that's how I see it.
    Frank

14. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Lulu Moppet
    Of course it is nasty, Lulu, just as I intended. Congress needs people who truly represent their constituents, people who listen to the disparaged, then act. People not self-centered and self-agrandizing. People dedicated to objectives above and beyond improvement of their personal societal position, people willing to STEP DOWN if their objectives have been ill-aimed or harmful in any way to the general public.

People who are not self-indulgent, who have not sought financial prosper while in office, attaining great personal net worth while serving, as Ms. Pelosi's rise to $65 million in office shows. Personal gain is today's most important goal, IMO, among politicians. It's beyond shameful, as are the participants.
    Frank

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's Louisiana Lulu....and no matter where I lived my opinion would still be the same because it comes from my personal thoughts on this topic...not from the state I live in. Now I hope in all respect you are not going to disrespect my personal opinions just because they do not match yours....nor disrespect the state I live in either. That's just not right.

Lois Winters, Tom Galty and Tim Burr like this.