Nancy Pelosi

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Nancy is losing her brass faster than the proverbial arctic monkey.

2. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

This waste of time & tax payers money will make for great campaign material for the 2020 election process. I noticed there are no more caravans or articles about how prices would sky rocket due to the tariff action by Pres. Trump. The main focus by democrats is to try to discredit Trump. The campaign messages for 2020 should be interesting.

Lois Winters likes this.
  3. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Happily, she will not run nor ever be elected to the Oval Office.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

As a Christian I am not supposed to hate anyone...but I am supposed to hate evil...so I'm just going to say I hate the evil that Nancy Pelosi is displaying towards our President !

5. Lois Winters

Registered

This entire impeachment nonsense is just too personal for my tastes. Schumer, et al were talking impeachment before Trump completed reciting his Oath of Office.

6. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw some of it but as others got so sick of the lady speaking that I changed to the Stooges marathon, much better...

7. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I totally understand having to find a balance in all of that. I sincerely try to believe the best in everyone, as per scripture, but I'm never sure the correct response when I'm proven wrong and I can find nothing good to say. :D

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, it’s rough sometimes. The example I choose to use is that Jesus loved everyone but there were a whole lot of folks he obviously didn’t like.
    In other words, I do not *like* Pelosi but I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to her either.

But, getting back to our dear House Speaker’s newest tactics.
    She stated after the impeachment vote that she didn’t trust the Senate so she probably wouldn’t be sending the articles of impeachment forward to them.

Now, whether she doesn’t or does is important for a couple of reasons. If she does then the Senate is free to subpoena any and all of those who have even a remote connection with the case and that could mean that Pelosi herself (among some other criminals) could wind up on the witness stand. Some, if not all, would then be under some heavy scrutiny and I’m sure the indictments would start flying out of the AG’s office.

If she doesn’t sent the articles forward then when the new congress is set in place in 2021, then the articles as they sit are considered dead and the last 2 1/2 years will be a total waste of time and money. (as if it wasn’t already)
    That said, if the new congress is fraught with the same democrat majority in the House, then they can start all over again for the next couple of years trying to impeach the President anew.

EDIT: Nancy said she would probably “Delay” sending the articles to the Senate. Which to me, means about the same thing as probably will not send ...etc..etc.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  9. Lois Winters

Registered

Actually, Pelosi may be in trouble if she doesn't send this along to the Senate. The President is entitled to a fair trial, whether she thinks he'll get one or not. She is morally obligated after all is said and done to send them on. These investigations and the impeachment itself was so totally unfair, I find it more than hypocritical of her to even speak of fairness. Mitch McConnell is going to address this issue sometime this morning.

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

To paraphrase a statement I read a moment ago, it’s like Pelosi is holding onto a live grenade with the pin pulled and doesn’t know what will happen if she throws it over McConnell’s wall.

In my way of thinking, the grenade will explode in the faces of the dems no matter which way it is thrown. Either the Senate will throw it back or the Dems will just figuratively sit on it until it explodes.

Looking back at what I wrote, it’s rather odd that I would write that it would explode in their faces and then reference them sitting on the grenade. I’ll have to think about that for a while.

11. Lois Winters

Registered

Well, I just listened to what McConnell had to say and he nailed it. He's not a favorite of mine, but he is absolutely correct on this one. I want to see a list of witnesses to include Schiff, the Whistleblower, both Bidens and Zelensky for that matter. I definitely want to hear the absolute facts that Trump indicated that he would withhold those funds if Zelensky did not investigate Burisma and the Bidens. I want to know exactly where our precious taxes are going. As a citizen, I am entitled to know. That is the law. Which, incidentally, is exactly what our President was asking for. Why Pelosi et al have a problem understanding this, is beyond me.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Pelosi is the one who needs to be taken out of Office...she seems to think she is in control of everyone and everything in our Government.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

In March of the New Year Nancy Pelosi is up for reelection in her California district. About the only way to get rid of her is for a Republican to win her seat. She cannot be impeached and it's highly unlikely Congress would remove her from Office since they would need two thirds of the Congress to do that ...and with the majority being Democrats...I just don't see that happening.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

She recently announced to Europe that she has as much power (or more) than the President does.

Bess Barber likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Please, somebody, find out who is running against her. I will send them a nice donation.

Frank Sanoica and Bess Barber like this.