National Hurricane Center Predicts Near Or Above Normal Hurricane Season

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Gary Ridenour, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

That reminds me of the two farmers talking at the fence. The first asked "think the rain will ever stop?" The second replied ....."It always has!":confused::rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Beatrice Taylor likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is even bigger than we thought, Guys....... Captain Kirk and Spock coming to the rescue after they see the dreadful hurricane news clips.

Beatrice Taylor and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Laughing haha .gif ^

The storm has caused shortages of fresh vegetables and chickens here. I went to Food Lion one day last week to buy fresh spinach and broccoli and they didn't have any. They has almost no fresh vegetables at all. The produce manager said their delivery trucks couldn't get through because of flooded roads. Same thing with chickens, none to be had locally. The meat man at Piggly Wiggly said that the plant that delivers chickens to them was flooded. He said that the big delivery trucks were totally covered by water. They only had cut up chicken from their freezer. I imagine they are all gone by now.

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is a possibility of yet another storm coming towards our East Coast. this one is not a hurricane at this time, but it is already a huge storm, and is apparently picking up speed and strength as it moves southwest towards the coastline of the United States.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Warning us here in AZ, NV, and Southern CA of possible flooding, hazardous driving conditions, possible heavy rain, started warnings early in the week, called for the hurricane to hit Baja Mexico today. Radar has been poor, on and off, yesterday evening it clearly showed the hurricane and it's eye just off Baja; this morning nothing is there!

200 miles south of us, Yuma has flooding today. About an hour ago, the dust started along with heavy wind, visibility about a block, not a drop of rain yet, but we're hoping! It has been a disappointing Monsoon season this summer as far as precipitation is concerned.

Temperature outside has dropped 20 degrees!

Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

The weather service says landfall tomorrow... here is GFS rain forecast through Tuesday...
    upload_2018-9-30_21-14-28.png

I have forgotten the topography of Arizona, but I am guessing arid and very susceptible to serious flash flooding. Stay dry!!

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Harry Havens
    Ha! Staying dry is just the opposite of our desire, here! Not a drop of precip. in over 8 weeks now. Arizona is quite large, ~ 114,000 sq. mi., so thus it has quite varied climate extremes. We live along the Colorado River, about central in the north-south direction, and expect ~ 5 inches of rain annually. Flagstaff, 180 mi. to the east, at 7,000 ft. altitude, receives 100+ inches of snow annually, and 23 inches of rainfall.

My information was incorrect. My wife just said landfall for the hurricane is expected in Mexico tomorrow morning. Thus the prelude this afternoon up here, a heavy dust storm with high winds, may be followed by some REAL weather! Frank

Harry Havens and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm in the West Valley of Phoenix. Had a sprinkle late this afternoon. Big drop in temps for next few days (mid 80s) with 80% chance of showers.