National Rifle Association

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, May 6, 2018.

1. George Lorenzo

George Lorenzo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Right we need all those guns to fight the tanks.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

What tanks? Where, when......?

I have spoken to others on how good a writer you are but now, I am having to back track and re-think things. Are you just copying stuff from CNN or do you really have an opinion that is founded upon personal thought and an honest education?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

4. George Lorenzo

George Lorenzo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ken: I've asked you numerous times to remove me as a registered member, but you have not. I really wish you would please.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Gosh, you really wish to leave our most humble community? Where will you go? What will you do?
    Certainly, there might be somewhere where people love to be serenaded with CNN driven drivel but at least here you might get a sense that maybe, just maybe folks are just trying to help you out and give you a sense of truth rather than the fiction you’re used to hearing and writing.

Yup, some of do pack and some of us have other kinds of firearms but you cannot be shot through the internet and I do not believe that there are any tanks for you to fear either.
    We’re just good folks who have an affinity for the truth...........

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

After looking through all of your RUDE comments here (on our FRIENDLY seniors’ forum), I think that what you are actually trying to do is get yourself banned from the forum, since you (who profess to be a writer) can’t even manage a post of more than 1-2 sentences .
    Even if you are banned, all of those rude posts will still be here , where everyone in the whole world can see what kind of a writer you actually are; so if you wish to leave, please just do so.

We have people here of all kinds of different political and religious beliefs, as well as people with none of either one, but one thing that ALL of us do, is be respectful of each other, and we are kind to each other, even when disagreeing about a topic.
    This is not the place for you to come and just troll the forum to make nasty posts for no particular reason.
    Please either be respectful to the people here, or take your rudeness elsewhere.
    Thank you ....

DCDD5800-50C8-4C6C-B20B-70B76446ABB6.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

That's off-topic. Your point, as I understand it, is that we don't need guns because you can't defend yourself against a tank with a gun. Leaving aside the fact that it is theoretically possible to do so, that isn't the point here. Every week, if not more often, an American is threatened with a firearm, a knife, or another weapon, but I think it's been a while since any American civilian has been threatened by a tank. Now that you mention it, however, the 2nd Amendment was put in place so that Americans would be able to defend themselves against a tyrannical government so I would defend someone who felt the need to have a tank. I wouldn't expect a tyrannical government to do so, however.

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

In the recent past Law Enforcement Agencies across the United States have been "bravely" equipping their arsenals with all manner of "tanks", if you will. These consist of armored personnel carriers, robotic remote-controlled "intrusion" vehicles, mechanized battering rams, and many types of heavy vehicle equipped with large machine guns, as were used to fight WW-II.

Read:
    "The NYPD has expanded into a massive global anti-terror operation with military capabilities.

The NYPD is the biggest police force in the country, with over 34,000 uniformed officers patrolling New York's streets, and 51,000 employees overall -- more than the FBI. It has a proposed budget of $4.6 billion for 2013, a figure that represents almost 15 percent of the entire city's budget.

NYC's population is a little over 8 million. That means that there are 4.18 police officers per 1,000 people. By comparison, Los Angeles, the second largest city in the U.S. with 3.8 million people, has only 9,895 officers--a ratio of 2.6 police per 1,000 people."

https://www.salon.com/2012/09/28/nine_terrifying_facts_about_americas_biggest_police_force/

Shown as an example. Similar to effort elsewhere. Much of this was funded and encouraged by the Obama Administration.
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.