Near Death Experiences

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Joan Kuper

Joan Kuper Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks Dwight...very interesting!

2. Joan Kuper

Registered

Thank you for sharing, Gloria.....I am happy to hear you are doing better and all my best wishes go out to you for health and happiness..attitude is everything, isn't it...:)

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

"I lie down in bed (but sometimes fall asleep)."

That's one of the reasons for the hard surface - you're actually trying to avoid a sleep state. In yoga, for instance, the postures are not meant to be comfortable. Connected with that, one of the reasons I pursued mediation was the peculiar state of consciousness I'd experience between full wakefulness and being asleep, i.e. the state of mind we're in when falling asleep but not yet there.
    I used to try and prolong that state and was puzzled by what my mind was doing while in it. My meditation was an attempt to reach similar states of mind without relying on a more natural routine of daily sleep. On demand vs. automatic by nature, so to speak. I'm not sure I'm being clear.

4. Joan Kuper

Registered

5. Joan Kuper

Registered

Sounds like you are doing very well... I keep going back to my belief that attitude is everything...I liked your smilie Gloria...

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  6. Veena Furtado

Veena Furtado Well-Known Member
    Registered

You can see heaven by having holy visions too :)

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Before I signed up with Hospice I found myself doing research on this program. My Mom was only on Hospice for a couple of weeks before she died and her passing was so peaceful and everyone that came to help Moma was just like Angels giving loving care to her. I knew that when it was my turn I wanted Hospice involved with my trip to Heaven too. Then my daughter became a Hospice Nurse...you really have to have a gift for this area and my daughter does. Although she is not my Nurse...she did pick my Nurse and now my daughter is promoted and training other Hospice Nurses in how to use their gifts with their patients on their journeys to Heaven.

Anyway, in my research I found another source for near death experiences. Hospice Nurses share their patient's journeys and what they experienced at the end. One book titled "Glimpses of Heaven" True Stories of Hope and Peace at the End of Life's Journey...is a favorite of mine. And I find it much deeper than some of the Near Death Experience books I have read. Hospice Nurses spend a lot more time with their patients so any change is easy to recognize and when their patients open up with their Nurses....wonderful things come out often. Since the Hospice Nurse is usually right there at the moment their patient takes their last earthly breath...they are front row participates for all that happens. And so often things do happen pertaining to Heaven and loved ones who have gone before. But it's not just about that...it's about how patients know there is no fear in dying...that there is something beyond death. Trudy Harris, RN is the Author of this book and if you get a chance...read it.

I'm been on Hospice about 8 months now and it is the perfect answer for me. A lot of people think Hospice is just for those who are getting ready to die...but it's so much more than that...Hospice makes your journey from this earthly life to our eternal life a smooth and peaceful transition. Knowing I can pass from this earth in my Home instead of a hospital makes a big difference for me too.

I still have visits with my Mom in my dreams but she's still letting me know that for now all I can do is visit with her...I love those visits with her and it's only confirmation to me that there is life after death.

8. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Are NDEs real sometimes, or are they dreams that our minds lead us through, maybe from drugs given to us when we are sick and dying? I'd love to know if they are a peek at what is on the other side of death, but I suppose no one will know til our time comes.

I couldn't help but watch a couple of these videos on youtube of people sharing what they saw, it's always wonderful, and people appear from our memories. The one thing that makes me think these aren't just drug-induced dreams is that I've been coming off a prescription drug and had lots of dreams but even though they were wonderful dreams, they weren't nightmarish either.

I'm sure some folks are great story tellers, who doesn't know that right ;) If you've had one you want to share, please do. I'll post the one that was super long video, which I skipped on through a lot, and then another that a fireman told:

Fireman

14 year old boy's NDE

9. Denise Evans

Registered

I wished I'd seen this video first, this gal really held my attention all the way and this is what I hope to pass into when I die:

10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

My purpose is clear, to lead Mark around since he can't see well, and he hears for me.:D
    Love the avatar @Denise Evans

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

Pretty good purpose to have :)