Obamacare Repealed!

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Chrissy Cross, May 4, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know how you got Medicaid but I sure couldn't. When my husband died and this was before Obamacare, I had no insurance. I was 53, not disabled and had no children under 18 living at home...wasn't eligible.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We never applied for Medicaid, but found that we were on it; twice now. The first time was when we took out nephew in. He was on Medicaid through his mother in Washington State, so that transferred here. But what we never asked for was for us to be on Medicaid too, yet they automatically enrolled us. We asked to be removed, and were. Yet, although he hasn't been with us for years (he's in his 20s now), we received a letter telling us that Medicaid was going to be picking up our Medicare Advantage plan fees. We never asked for that either. We're hardly rich, but we're doing okay, between Social Security and what we earn working for the web directory, and other affiliate money that comes in. When I look at the qualifying points, we don't qualify, so my concern is that they would later hit us up for a huge repay, complete with interest fees, or that they'll come for our property. We're back off of it, and paying our own fees now, but we have to work to stay off of it, so I have to wonder how many other people who aren't eligible are receiving benefits they never asked for.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I can see wanting off especially if they might turn around and say you owe them.

I'm just surprised because I needed insurance then and couldn't get it and I live in liberal California.

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Too early in the morning for me to rant about this ....gets me dander up:mad:

5. Jeanee Burke

Jeanee Burke Veteran Member
    Registered

It will be interesting to find out what will happen with the Affordable Care Act and what will replace it. Seems they can't decide on anything yet.

Frank Sanoica likes this.