Odds And Ends

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Really winched my back bad. Just bending down carefully to adjust the mess I constructed with a snow shovel and my battery powered blade trimmer bunged corded to it. I had it rigged with a wire to hold the trigger down. Some places cannot be done with a string trimmer. Also this kind of trimmer is perfect for cutting grass near flowers or shrubs without damaging them. It was working fine but required me to bend forward slightly. Then totally without warning, I was hit by a nerve shock that took me to the ground. I cannot get myself even close to straightening up. It hurts clear to my foot.

For now, I went off the high dose antiacid I was given to shrink my ulcer. Then I just took a 600 ibuprofen against the docs orders. I also have a heat pad on my lower back. I couldn't even begin to do my lateral shift release exercises.

So, I will call the doc Monday and discuss all this. I just ordered a standup battery operated blade trimmer that should be easier to use for the small jobs where the Stihl gas weed eater is hard to control.

I am fighting some serous cranky at this moment and really pissed that this stomach therapy has messed up my back bad. I think it is also messing with my kidneys.

I wasn't really having problems from the ulcer, just the esophagus erosion. There has to be a better way to address this.

Hedi Mitchell and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I pray you're feeling better soon, Faye.

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Ken. Me too! I hate being a useless old lady depending on others.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Faye
    With your mind you'll never be useless, I'm familiar with back problems, You're doing what you can for now, Rest, painkillers, And heat It's about all you can do for now try to stay off your feet As much as possible. I wish you well hang in there.

Faye Fox likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry about your back, Faye. I hope the pain medicine and heat will help you feel better.

Faye Fox likes this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

see Dr Berg, youtube, gerd
    Wish I could send you my chiro who is amazing.

Faye Fox likes this.
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My back is slightly better this morning thanks to getting the inflammation out of it. I can straighten up with a bit of muscle pull reminding me I am old and injured and must stop sashaying around like I am young.

I am able to walk without looking like a duck waddling or a toddler taking their first steps.

It looks like rain today so that will dampen my idea to go out and mow. That will save me from further injury, but now I'll have to have the sheepherders come over with their flock.

So this fine morning I will get my call in to the doctors to discuss the medication they put me on. This assault on my muscles started with foot cramps and then calf and after some facial pains, knocked me on my ass with muscle seizing resulting in lateral shift due to my lower back having previous injury. I have been successful in keeping the nerve pinching at bay by keeping my abs very strong thanks to my morning workout targeting the abs and legs.

When muscle seizing starts caused by electrolyte imbalance due to medication, then all hell breaks loose with no regard for my fit abs :) or positive noncombative attitude. :rolleyes: :D:D:D

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

No call back from the doctors. I made an appointment that is two weeks out.

For now I am staying off the gastrointestinal meds. I was enough better yesterday that I didn't take any ibuprofen.

I have just a bit of soreness and did my workout this morning and stayed in good form.

I will mow the lawn today being very careful but first I will make a run to pick up a case of beer. I haven't had any beer around for a couple of years. I have never had any problem with a addiction of any kind, I just found in my old age that I can hardly finish a 12 oz beer. Nothing like a cold beer on the patio after sweating from mowing the lawn.

I rarely finish a patio beer and leave about 1/8th of it and then leave the 7/8ths empty bottle sitting on my patio table as a wasp trap. It is the best wasp trap ever. I made this amazing discovery when a wasp got into my half drunk beer many years ago, unbeknownst to me, then as I took a sip, got stung in the roof of the mouth.

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Many thanks to @Bobby Cole @Beth Gallagher @Hedi Mitchell @Shirley Martin on the thread about healthy lifestyles VS genetics for their post. I have decided to start living more with less regard for seeking the perfect healthy lifestyle.

I was waiting in line with my "party" cart when the old tune Small Town by John Cougar Mellencamp came on and I found myself doing a little foot shuffling and hip work. The lady behind me remarked, "Well someone is feeling frisky." She remarked after seeing my basket that it looked like I was having a party. She is the head nurse at the cancer center. I told her I was feeling good today and decided it was time for me to start living life a bit larger.

So my lunch of crackers and cheese is now finished and I am going for a bowl of ice cream before heading out to mow. Even though it is overcast today, my spirits are sunny. I have decided to cuss only for fun and effect. No more cussing when I am angry. No losing my cool today because of minor nuisances. If I become mad because I find dog poop while mowing, I won't get mad, just toss it happily over on the neighbors porch. Tossing dog poo while angry is bad for health, but the same action while happy and smiling is healing.

Once finished, I will strip off my jeans and long sleeve top and sit on my semi private patio in my mowing underwear which is just a sports beach bikini and enjoy a cold beer.

Here is the contents of my party cart this morning.
    Please note all but the Ritz are high quality Oregon made products.
    It was all on sale and represents $70. Just two years ago it would have cost $35.
    IMG_6340.JPG

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks for the props, but undeserved. :D I didn't post in that thread since I am a well known carbaholic and beer drinker. Cheers! [​IMG]

On my way home from Home Depot, this ELO song came on the radio and I did a bit of "car dancing". I'm old but I've still got it goin' on. [​IMG]

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I was confused on the thread, but you have commented before about not depriving yourself of something in the name of health and enjoying life since we only have one here on earth.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Ok, I didn't get angry at the fresh pile of dog poo in my yard. I just shoveled it up and hurled it across the street where the owner was sitting smoking.

Neighbor: "Hey that is against the law! I should call the cops"

Faye: "So is letting your dog run at large, so go ahead and call them."

Neighbor: "My dog doesn't run at large."

Faye: "Well I have him recorded on my Ring video as you let him out this morning at 1 PM and he came over and shit in my yard in the same spot he always does. When you let him out you were wearing those boxers with chili peppers on them. That is solid evidence in my opinion."

He grunts and throws down his cig and does the twisted foot thing on it and goes inside. He flips me off as he goes inside.

I was still undaunted and continued to mow. I was almost finished when I saw a sprinkler head chopped off. It apparently had stuck and the grass was so tall I didn't see it. I did break briefly and use a few colorful words, but I quickly recovered and checked my stash and found I had a replacement head so I dug the damn thing up and replaced it. The new one works great and it wasn't that big of a deal.

I am now relaxed and having finished my first Blackberry 9% cider, feel no urge for anger over my negligence in replacing a defective sprinkler. I am a bit buzzed not being used to the consumption of such a beverage without eating with it. I will now have an enchilada I made yesterday. Very simple and basic but tasty.

I am letting the dog at large incident slide, but if my neighbor is reading this, you best sleep with one eye open.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I just love the dog shit catapult stories. :D

Faye Fox likes this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My back is better, but my facial, neck, and head pains were really bad this morning. I was able to get rid of the worse of the pain with some extra Fae She moves and meditation this morning after my workout.

I am trying to find more interest in patio gardening. The bush tomato's are full of blossoms and show lots of promise. I wish I could have kept my teeth so I could enjoy BLTs. I also wish I had $70K to spare so I could get jaw surgery, implants, and finally titanium teeth that are only removed 4 times a year for cleaning. If my wishes were horses I would be riding one with a horn on its nose.

I am looking forward fixing the Spanish famine tomato and garlic sandwich in early July. I take one piece of bread and coat it with olive oil, then put crushed garlic on it, then put on a couple or three medium tomato slices, salt, fold over and enjoy. I have strengthened my lips and gums enough to tear it apart and enjoy the sandwich experience rather than a chopped up mess. A BLT is another story. No tearing or grinding bacon without teeth.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Four hours of grueling work and my back yard is done. I saved the front for tomorrow but checked it for dog crap and found one pile.

Using my longest handle shovel, I catapulted the pile and it hit the curb. I didn't want to stand out in the street since the middle-aged neighbor was watching.

Neighbor: "That is not nice! Do you realize that he is a Vietnam vet and has a disability from it."

Faye: "Well, he is 62 and the Vietnam war ended in 1975 so do the math. If he is a Vietnam vet then he fought as a child for the Viet Cong and that won't go well for him down at the VFW with the real Nam USA Vets."