Odds And Ends

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The front lawn and side street was finished by 10 AM. I started at 8 AM with no regard for the young neighbors that like to sleep in on Sunday. Pay backs for late night parties and barking dogs are hell.

No new dog poop piles to catapult. Since my arms are getting weaker, I am thinking of making a propane gas operated gun that will shoot bagged dog poop clear over on the offending neighbors front porch. Maybe a slingshot would be best.

Anyway, just finished lunch and time to go shower and wash off two days sweat, dirt, and stink. My tomato plants are really growing and blooming. The pepper is starting to show height after some necessary pruning. I learned about pruning from my folks, both master gardeners.

Beth Gallagher and John Houlihan like this.
  2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I vote for a trebuchet. You can save it up until you get a nice stash and easily then launch 100s of pounds into enemy territory.

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

If you have an old purse or handbag you hate that you could lose near his property where no one else might see it, some nice fresh excrement might fit well. I was going to say to mail it but postage is so high.

Faye Fox likes this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Some days I amaze myself!

Today is one of those days. I decided to walk to my doctors appointment that is a 5 mile round trip. The sun is shining and the temperature warm. This is the first day in over a month my left side face hasn't felt like I was hit up the side of the head by a baseball bat. The feeling of being slapped is a best case senecio and a good day for me.

Donning my 1980 Wrangler junior slim fit jeans with the big W on the backside this morning, required a lot of wiggling and adjusting to the wedgie style of old that fits snug and up and personal. I was afraid that walking 5 miles with that old less forgiving fabric clinched up in such a personal way might lead to chaffing. It did not and now back at home, I am still wearing them and feeling young and reckless.

Of course my lunch of Ritz crackers with melted Bandon cheddar and a cold bottle of Pelican Brewery pre-prohibition cream ale, has lowered my already age inappropriate inhibitions.

I am still amazed at my attitude on the walk over even through the questionable part of town. I generally keep my head down there, but this morning the three bums I passed I greeted with good morning and kept walking. I waved at one old man out mowing his lawn and he killed the mower and asked if I knew him as he didn't know me. I said not knowing me was a good thing and enjoy the beautiful day and kept walking.

I reached the doctors office right on time and was taken back and the nurse commented that I was sure in a good mood. I told her it was fitting into my USA made vintage size 9 slim fit juniors jeans and going braless that had me all sassy and high on old age life.

The doctor came in and after some deep breath test said the sounds she heard before the scoping and treatment were gone. She took me off all the antiacid meds and explained that they were necessary to get the situation under control. It appeared that 30 days was enough but she will have my upper scoped again in 30 to 60 days and then at least once a year.

If the situation ever returns with inflammation, then it will be 30 days back on the meds that bothered my muscles and head badly, but 30 days of discomfort is better than the surgery if the inflammation turned to cancer.

The walk home, since the heat has finally hit, was a bit sweaty and I tired slightly before getting home, but it was sure a nice morning walk and the medical news was as good as it gets for my old bag of skin covered bones. Now out to water my "garden."

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Todays odds and ends aren't to exciting.

I slept good but I am having an upper tummy ache. My prelunch is a slice of heavily buttered buttermilk bread. It always seems to be tummy friendly. I will give it 15 minutes to settle before finishing off my potato salad.

Mothers day was nice and I stayed for a couple of hours, played some new game that young folks found fun. I thought it was kind of lame, but didn't voice my opinion other than it was most certainly invented by young folks. I played with the two babies some, but they were on the move a lot and I didn't share that energy. Their dogs lined up for petting and that was almost non stop. I have two hands and with three dogs begging for petting, one of them was always bent out of shape.

Being a fake aunt, fake great aunt, and fake great great aunt is more tiring than it sounds.

Four loads of laundry finished. I noticed one lower branch on one of the tomatoes is begging for a pruning. My patio garden is looking great. It seems to grow an inch a day. This warm weather is really helping. I have my pots on the edge so they enjoyed the rain last night.

Now eating a chopped up hot dog and potato salad. So far so good.

Thinking about some of the SOC members that have died or left due to illness. I miss the interaction with them.

6. Gina Scott

Gina Scott Active Member
    Registered

It is quiet in here more day s than not. Seems six new members from A Nother forum signed in, but haven't participated.
    That may be a good thing.....but we do need new personalities.

Faye Fox likes this.
  7. Thomas Windom

Registered

I’ll see if I can dig another one out of the dark recesses. ;)

Faye Fox and Gina Scott like this.
  8. Gina Scott

Gina Scott Active Member
    Registered

How about if you pluck one from the light side?:D

Thomas Windom and Faye Fox like this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

60 MPH winds last night at about 10 woke me up There wasn't as much damage as I had expected. The tomatoes were really leaning and looked rather sad. Before dawn I turned them to get the morning sun. They have responded nicely now with 3 hours sun and straightened up. My area was lucky as the worst of the storm was east of us where 1" hail pounded down heavy for 15 minutes. There was lots of lightening over there and we have the faint smell of smoke, so no doubt a range fire burning over there.

I finally got the dust out of my eyes and nose from going out on my patio at 10 PM to drag my garden pots back to a less windy spot. The dust was so heavy I couldn't see the place across the main road. Since I only had on my night shorts, my lower legs and upper body feel like they were sand blasted. I won't need to go to the spa for leg, boob, abdomen, or back skin exfoliation.

10. Thomas Windom

Registered

No wind here but our female Maine Coon, Aya, decided to get up from my side and walk around at 11:45. Then at 2:30 AM, my bladder woke me up. Then at 4:00 AM Aya hacked up a hairball in the adjacent bathroom. Then at 5:00 AM, she came in to use the litter box, also in adjacent bathroom. Then at 5:30 AM, our little rescue, Munchkin, came to to “gas” the litter box. …sigh…not a good night.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know how much longer I will stay active on this forum.

It seems that it is impossible to have an educated discussion about anything. I have stayed away from politics and religion lately because of those that can't discuss such without making blanket one line statements that are so common these days by those that want to silence any opposing viewpoint.

I have been told that I am in denial of my "white privilege."

I have been told I am in denial of the damaging effects of manmade climate change.

Now I am being told I am in denial about being an animal abuser since my past includes being a cattle rancher and having participated in rodeo.

I am told I am in denial about being female. Forget my DNA and my physical all female genital presentation or the fact I gave birth. Rather let's base my "gender" on my working life and then I must surely be a male and suffer gender denial.

I won't apologize for my past or my present. Being highly skilled and versed in survival, I understand the cycles of life and the natural order of things. Being about an eighth of American Indian blood and having gone on a vision quest in my youth, I fully understand about the importance of all living things and my connection to the spirit world.

I won't apologize for my Prussian Sinti heritage. Hitler called them Gypsies and unclean humans. He executed 1.5 million Roma and Sinti before he came for the Jews. Many were stripped naked and shot then pushed in trenches and bulldozed over. Others died in unthinkable experiments where they did surgery on them without anesthesia to see how much the human body can take.

I refuse to apologize to the duped and the brainwashed that don the "woke" robe and paint themselves as great humanitarians when in fact they sponsor things like violence to humans they disagree with. They don't do the dirty work themselves, but use their big money to sponsor things like social justice enforced by rioting and destruction. Worthless scum pushing old ladies down and robbing them and the list just goes on. Homeless camps taking over neighborhood and even nonsense like squatters rights. This mayhem and insanity is just dandy with the lovers of all beings because it is social justice and us "deniers" deserve to die or be forced into poverty.

I won't apologize for making it to 72 and still going out on my patio before dawn, donned in a sports bikini, to do my morning Tai Chi in warm weather. I don't deny I don't look young and sexy, but that isn't my goal. My goal is fitness and keeping my strength and keeping my mind healthy and focused and celebrating being female.

I won't apologize for being a lifelong independent, an individual thinker, nor for my many skills even though I cannot claim to be a master of any of them. I won't apologize for not going to a liberal college and being brainwashed. I won't apologize for not believing in unicorns.

If you think I am in denial about anything and that is your ONLY argument or judgement against me, then go *obscenity* yourself.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  12. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I for one enjoy your posts. Stick around.

Mary Stetler and Faye Fox like this.
  13. Thomas Windom

Registered

Ditto that. You’ve encountered those things on this forum? People should probably hate me given my positions but I don’t see much of it, here at any rate. I’m on other forums where I’ve been called every name in the book.

Ed Wilson and Faye Fox like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

"Don't let the bastards get you down." Faye, maybe you just need a break; seems that we all do from time to time. Sorry you're upset, bud.

Mary Robi, Faye Fox and Mary Stetler like this.
  15. Thomas Windom

Registered

Agreed. I am pretty immune to the opinion of those for whom I have no respect. I find it is mostly misguided noise, but sometimes it is outright errors, which I attempt to correct. I can’t really do any more than that.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.