Oh My Goodness! Ted Cruz, The Zodiac Killer?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Babs Hunt, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

:) I see you spelled that the way I always want to spell it, but it's always underlined and red and even google does that... I learned it "advisor" too, but apparently things have changed since I was in school and journalism class. Doesn't look right with the "e"... never has. :D

I can't give into a feeling of doom... I prefer hope. ;)

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I prefer hope too, but always pay attention to my intuition too. If I didn't spell something the right way, it sure won't be the first time or the last. :)

3. Mari North

Registered

No, I meant you spelled it the way that should be right, but spell checkers always underline it for me.

In any case, yes, intuition. Thankfully mine says that everything will be okay no matter who gets to call the White House "home"... in the end, it's none of them who are in ultimate "control", right, @Babs Hunt ? ;)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The really SCARY part about all of this is not the silliness of it, it is that these people are VOTERS ! How can we expect to elect a decent president if so many people have no clue about our country's history, not to mention knowing about what is happening in the world right now, and who our country's leaders and politicians are.
    When you do a YouTube search about Ted Cruz and zodiac killer, there are all kinds of videos out there.

Those of us who are Baby Boomers (and ones close to that designation) are probably the ones that are paying close attention to what is happening now, and were also taught good history classes in school. We used to be the larger group of people ;but now the younger groups outnumber us.
    I am seriously hoping that thi is not a real campaign ad for Ted Cruz, or even one against him , for that matter.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My spelling is usually pretty good, and "advisor" looks right to me -- in fact, my spell check tells me "advisor" is right.

7. Mari North

Registered

Mine always underlines it... in fact, there's a red line under the word you just typed, Ken. :) At least on my end... not sure how those things work or if we all see the same.

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It is scary! Our children, and their children are growing up in a world where the history books, etc. contain just as many lies as they do truth. And they are being taught that there is no right or wrong anymore, etc. As a Baby Boomer I am paying close attention to what is happening now...and it makes me sick to my stomach to see what is going on. It is a very sad situation when the couple of decent men who are running for President, do not have a chance of being elected for that job. I never thought I would live to see America fall so far. And I admit that I am scared to death for my children and grandchildrens' futures.

9. Mari North

Registered

So... @Babs Hunt ... or anyone for that matter. I assume most of us agree about the pit into which America has fallen. My question (for everyone to wax philosophical) is this... when did it start? What was the catalyst? An event? A person?

Personally I'd have to blame the PC garbage that hit ludicrous levels after 9-11. Suddenly it's the worst thing in the world to OFFEND a culture just because a few nasties in their culture caused 9-11? And to the point of those horrid "PC Police" trying to take away "Merry Christmas?!" I keep waiting for *someone* to pull back on the reins with a mighty "WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HORSIE!!!" But it doesn't happen. :(

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mari North. When did it start? In my opinion it started when people started taking God out of "One Nation Under God".

Mari North likes this.
  11. Mari North

Registered

Ya know, @Babs Hunt , I've often heard that it did start going to heck in a handbasket in '63 (or was it '62... yes, I guess it was) when prayer was taken out of schools. That would be an event *and* a person, thanks to Madalyn Murray O'Hair. :(

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I know...so sad when it happened, and that there are still questions. The whole situation (Jon-Benet's killing) sounded strange to me. It's crazy to me that some random person looking for fame (and fortune, no doubt) can start a rumor like that, especially one that causes pain. I'm sure there's no greater pain than that of losing a child, and some of her family members are still alive.

Notice the guy isn't claiming that Joan Doe off the street is Jon-Benet Ramsey, or that some homeless man is the Zodiac Killer. Some people will do anything for internet clicks and fame.