Olympic Gender Issue?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bobby Cole, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Since I'm all female and have always been all female, although at around 5 I was jealous that my brother could pee standing up I would never want to be a male...how boring! :)

So, I really can't say what it feels like when someone just doesn't feel like the sex they are supposed to be and live in misery and some even commit suicide, so it's got to be a real feeling. If a male just doesn't get turned on by a female it's obvious there is something going on somewhere. Yes, hormones play a part but it's not that easy of a fix.

I don't see why some would want to go through the torture of living what feels like a lie to them.

Again, I have no idea what it feels like but judging from what I've read and the few that I've known they are miserable.

My lesbian Childhood best friend at 10 didn't look like she had more testosterone and by puberty I was envious of her bigger boobs but she could throw a baseball further and faster than any girl and most of the boys we hung around with also.

In high school we drifted apart because she went the slutty route, trying too hard I think to prove to herself that she was a normal female. She also got into drugs and alcohol at that stage. Later she even married and had 2 girls.

But by the time I reconnected with her she was divorced and living with another woman.

So, I don't judge how someone feels because it's impossible unless you've been there yourself and I haven't.

I don't think it's fair though in sports where level of testosterone gives an edge. It's the same as using steroids.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I agree Chrissy - there is such an influx today though, that once it did become acceptable, it seems there were more and more
    So I understand the posts above because I do think that 'now' mostly, its a choice

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I really didn't intend for the thread to go into cross sexuality issues but to think about it, which direction could it possibly have gone?

Here's another point that many are not very well versed on. After a child is born they automatically start learning and it isn't long before their brains start an associative process. Each thing that can be connected to a root memory is an association and that association can be expanded upon in any and all directions.
    Let's take a leaf for instance: If a child sees a leaf it is just that, an imprinted memory which has no real substance except for it's size and shape. Now, later on, if a tree with leaves on it were to be introduced then the leaves are given substance because the brain connects it to a large object later to be known as a tree.
    Now, that's just one learning experience depending upon sight but remember that we learn using all 5 senses of which the sense of smell is one of the most acute.

Every now and then everyone has picked up a smell which takes them back days, months and even years to when they first detected a particular odor and along with that, the associative processes come into play giving the time, place and even the age and activity of when it was first experienced. Note: There are some smells that are not easily detected but still conjure up hormonal actions such as exhibited when there are male and / or female pheromones present.

Now, imagine this scenario: A husband and a wife who wishes to have "wedded bliss" while there is a 1 year old sleeping in the same room. All sights, sounds and smells will be imprinted upon that child's memory and will effect that child's behavior in a positive or negative way no matter how great or miniscule it might be.
    Back to smell. The more favorable a smell might be is the most likely odor that child will be attracted to later in life.
    Sights and sounds also play a large part in the learning process and anyone can make up any scenario as to what a young one might perceive. Perceived pain is pain, perceived pleasure is pleasure no matter the reality.

The above is only one way that normal sexuality can be altered through forced imprinting at an early age but there are dozens of other ways that a young one can become confused about their preference without bringing in a mistake regarding DNA.

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

True but I knew my friends parent's and looking back, she lived in a very normal home and also had a sister who didn't become a lesbian.

She was just a tomboy, her parents didn't encourage it at all. Her father was a policeman, her mother a stay at home mom like mine. Catholics but not overly religious, just like mine.

Also, she divorced when her 2 girls were small so they were raised by a lesbian mother and both are very heterosexual women. You'd think growing up they'd be influenced by their mother's lifestyle.

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, it happens. Twins do not necessarily share the same pathology nor psychological tenor of the other.
    Like I wrote, there are dozens of different reasons for a confused sexual lifestyle but to merely say that a male is trapped in a female body or visa versa has been pretty much proven to be bogus by both scientific and psychological research.

The bottom line is that girls should play with girls and boys should play with boys when it comes to competitive sports especially on the high school and upper levels. But of course, this part is my opinion and probably would not be the opinion of a girl's father who wants her to be able to play boys baseball because she has a good right arm and wants to be a boy.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's all very confusing and not something I've had to deal with, but I agree about using it for advantage in sports in the Olympics. It's just not fair for the other women runners.

I guess it's a hard thing to work out to everyone's satisfaction but they should start setting up rules to address this because it's not going away.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

With the exception of those who are already busting the rules of nature, I am sure we can all agree on that stance Chrissy!