Olympics 2024

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by John Brunner, Jul 27, 2024.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Opening at China Olympics. Honoring athletes.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, part of the Opening Ceremonies were great, while other parts, absolutely terrible. We recorded the entire Ceremonies, but won't watch all of it. However, did watch the men's relay swimming and watched the USA get Gold. Love watching the Precision Diving. As I write this, watching the Mountain Biking. One thing I can say about the Mountain Biking event, it's TOUGH!

What we really liked, which was in 1988, was professional rodeo (PRCA) involved in the Calgary Games. We were at the Pro-Rodeo Hall of Fame when Barrel Racer Martha Josey was inducted and she won the barrel racing in that Olympics.

Beth Gallagher and Mary Stetler like this.
  3. Andrea Klasa

Andrea Klasa Member
    Registered

Thoroughly disliked rappers and drag queens being involved, and the Last Supper, how it was displayed, was disgusting. Much preferred seeing the individual countries marching into a stadium, not in a boat. I liked Celine Dion, the opera singer singing Carmen and the mechanical horse on the water.

4. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

It would be interesting to know how the French people feel. They are now regarded as sex-obsessed degenerates. Is this how they wish to be portrayed?

John Brunner likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Probably not, huh?

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

From what i have seen, most of the French are as outraged as the Americans are. They had a HUGE march through the streets with thousands of Christians, and people supporting Christians, all wanting the world to know that this was not something they approved of either.
    Even Iran put on the news that this was a terrible thing to do to Christians around the world; so there is a lot of support from people who are not Christian, but believe that a person’s religion should not be dishonored like happed at the Olympics.
    I think that after all the lights in Paris went out, shortly after the opening ceremony, a lot of people thaought that God was showing his disapproval, too. The only place that still had electricity was a large Catholic cathedral.

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife has been to Paris and told me, concerning the Opening Ceremonies and Paris in general, "There is definitely a reason that Paris calls itself "the city of love (and many will add the words "and sex" to that). Drag Queens and such, are just a part of that.

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Funny but as I was reading that the videos of the ‘24 olympic ceremonies were being pulled, I thought about the Chinese opening ceremony and how fabulous it was.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

uh-huh but…..
    I am of the opinion that France in general is a “right brained” country.
    France is most famous for art, literature, music, food, poetry etc (some of which is highly sensual) and to call the “last supper” portion of the ceremony a representation of French “art” does dishonor to the high estate that France is best known for.

It’s like saying a Lipazzon’s poop is a representation of the horse.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. John Brunner

I would think that everyone would have been disgusted by that. The Opening Ceremonies are not a place for the alphabet people to display themselves. Heck, there was one guy with a testicle hanging out. Sure, it was a direct shot at Christians. But it had zero relevance to the games and zero relevance to the rest of the world.

11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

My goodness John.
    How dare we besmirch such an event especially since our illustrious leader and his doctor wife openly praised it as a spectacular show. (or something to that effect)

Seriously, it was pure satanic which shows me where Joe’s and Jill’s heads are really at.

12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I listened to a commentary on the entire thing, and it was intended to ridicule Christianity, something that would not be done to any of the other world religions. The commentator said that ironically most host nations try to highlight their culture. France did no such thing using items and customs from other nations (such as an Italian painting) and they apparently used music and other cultural things from elsewhere as well. I don't know as I didn't watch the opening and never do.

13. John Brunner

How do you know France did not highlight their [current] culture?

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I am only going by what the commentator said. He used one example, the use of an Italian painting as part of the ceremony. There were other stuff as well, but, like I said, I really don't care much, at least not enough to watch the thing.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  15. John Brunner

Sorry. I was (sort of) being flip. That skit and it's Thespians very well may be emblematic of modern day France. Of course, I could post photos of naked men lining the sidewalks outside of schools in San Francisco as children and their parents walk by.